Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Manager, Graphics Production in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation, since its founding in 1880, has evolved and expanded from its humble beginnings as a manufacturer of wood-jacketed tin cans into the global manufacturing leader it is today. From the development of innovative metal packaging to the beverage, food and consumer goods markets to delivering proven instruments, sensors and spacecraft to the aerospace and defense industries, Ball’s unmatched expertise and global reach ensure that no matter our customers’ mission, we are there to help them achieve it.
Ball’s beverage packaging, which delivers more than just a cold drink. We pride in creating metal beverage cans and bottles that are smart, practical, sustainable and eye-catching. From our aluminum beverage cans ranging in excess of 20 different sizes to the versatile, recloseable Alumni-Tek bottle to the Dynamark variable printing technology that allows us to print up to 24 design variations per production run, we work closely with our customers to deliver a unique packaging experience to consumers.
With the help of our 18,450 talented employees around the world, Ball will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers, and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value for all our shareholders.
*Primary Purpose of Position: *
Provides administrative and/or technical support for the quality assurance function as directed.
- Investigates, coordinates, and initiates the activities of the group’s production graphics functions.
- Responsible for training and managing the activities of the Graphics Production Supervisors and Coordinators.
- Responsible for providing assistance to each plant quality control manager to insure uniformity and consistency of graphic-related function and color standards between plants.
- Functions as the corporate interface of graphics quality on lithography production matters. Acts as a liaison for the company’s contacts with production graphics specialty suppliers, industry mechanical and equipment suppliers, licensees, business partners and/or professional societies.
- Coordinates standardized graphic set-up criteria for all locations. Provides plant production support of new labels and manages all customer Color Management Programs and coordinates with all Ball plants.
- Supports the Quality, Innovation and New Product Development departments for new graphics processes for Ball.
- Responsible for Graphics Production support of continuous improvement initiatives. Responsible for constant strengthening of customer and parent company relationships by developing plans and goals to satisfy customer needs.
- Responsible for investigating and creating corrective action regarding graphics production issues and lithography for new and existing plants. Provides supporting analysis and data for the resolution of all production graphic-related manufacturing defects and claims.
- Responsible for the quality output and managing the production responsibilities for Pilot production, CTP and DLE plate production, Dynamark®, digital printing, Laser Tab, Standards control and X-rite support to all plants.
- Responsible for managing and scheduling all graphics production maintenance requirements, support parts, equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for the development of processes and procedures to become and maintain compliance to Quality management ISO9001, Food Safety system, Environmental ISO 14001 and Health & Safety ISO 45001 for the graphics production area and provides support for all plants.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 5 years minimum
- Self-Motivated with a desire to make an impact
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding computer skills in a Microsoft Windows Environment
- Strong facilitation, communication, presentation and change management skills
- Working knowledge of the following areas: quality assurance principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, can lithography, color analysis, manufacturing process
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make recommendations
- Must follow Ball company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct.
Relocation for this position is Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Manager, Graphics Production
Job ID: 664373
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time