Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace 2nd Shift-Paint Technician (664322) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Technician II -*2nd Shift Paint Technician*
This position is intended to provide cross-functional support across the Westminster Manufacturing Shops and Service Centers and the Boulder Process Centers. The primary assignment will be in the Paint work centers on each campus second shift; however, cross-training and flexing to the other work centers will be a core responsibility of this position.
What you’ll do:
- Work with solvents, acids and bases, and using personal protective equipment, gloves, safety glasses and use of a respirator is required. Must understand and comply with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Position requires strong attention to detail and compliance to industry, environmental, health and safety standards.
- Position requires ability to read and interpret mechanical blue prints to determine masking and painting requirements.
- Core duties include, but are not limited to: surface preparation for painting operations; detailed masking; un masking; final cleaning of parts; operation of paint equipment and ovens; and, preparation of paint for application to hardware.
- Position requires the ability to learn and perform application of paint coatings
- Position requires ability to perform work area maintenance activities including area organization, chemical handling and chemical replenishment
- Support other work centers, including but not limited to:
- Metal Finish processes include anodizing, chromate conversion coating, etching and passivation. Exacting masking standards are required for many of the processes.
- Flashcut work center:
- Perform all tasks associated with preparing, cutting, packaging, and delivery of materials cut on the Flashcut machine (primarily film adhesives)
- Autoclave Work Center:
- Bag assemblies to prepare for autoclave bonding
- Operate autoclave vessels
- Unbag assemblies after bonding
- Lay-up assemblies and prepare for bagging operations
- Printed Circuit (PC) work center:
- Perform a variety of tasks associated with the manufacture of Printed Antenna Boards (PAB’s) and preparation of materials/products for subsequent bonding and painting operations. Handle, dispense, transport, mix and work with lab chemicals, hazardous materials and hazardous waste products.
- Critical Clean provides precision cleaning of hardware, assemblies and subassemblies. Stringent post cleaning verification testing is required.
- Lubrication provides cleaning and lubrication of motors, gearboxes, bearings and fasteners. Disassembly, lubrication and reassembly of intricate and delicate hardware is often required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 or more years of related experience, or a two-year technical degree with 2 or more years.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and build documentation for aerospace hardware and use electronic engineering and production databases. Must be able to organize and document various data inputs.
- Must have masking experience.
- Ability to pass in-house certifications including personal protective equipment, hazardous waste, hazard communication, crane, and cleanroom practices.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with engineers, assemblers, technicians, customers and auditors.
- Experience using Microsoft Windows operating system, including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Previous experience working on delicate or critical hardware and in cleanrooms or clean benches is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: 2nd Shift-Paint Technician (664322)
Job ID: 664322
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time