Daifuku Web Holding Company ELS - AMZ - Base Building Maintenance Technician III in Thornton, Colorado
Elite Line Services is a major single source maintenance solution in the industry with the bandwidth to service all of your equipment maintenance needs. We maintain all original equipment manufacturers for material handling equipment, BHS, PBB, Facilities, GSE and vehicles. Our hybrid programs efficiently cross utilize technicians between equipment types to provide seamless coverage that protects the best interest of our customers. Whether this is getting full warranty value for new parts and systems or applying experienced and specialized technical support for mature equipment needs, ELS has you covered.
Elite Line Services offers a wide variety of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Assistance, EAP, Paid Leave, and Paid Whole Sale Shopping Membership (Sam’s Club).
The Base Building Maintenance Technician (Operating Engineer) supports operation, inspection, and maintenance processes to mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in assigned facilities. Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws
- Complies with all policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials
- Respond effectively to all emergencies
- Strong focus on customer service and creating positive interactions with team and clients
- Supervises and directs contractors and monitors performance of their assigned responsibilities
- Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
- Manages contractors, including selection, scheduling and job assignments, appraisals and recognition.
- Maintain lighting system bulbs and ballasts
- Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment
- Perform general interior maintenance – hang pictures, repair office furniture systems, minor plumbing
- Completes special tasks that include but are not limited to; painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, and general maintenance as assigned
- Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations
- Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs
- Documents work performance and materials procurement as directed, using work order system
- Ability to communicate status of work activity and identify methods to perform activities safely, effectively, and efficiently
- Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of a facility maintenance professional
- Completion of an applicable technical training program is desirable, have a minimum of three years of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical.
- Must have ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., use ladders up to 30 ft, possess mechanical and electrical aptitude, and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to comply with both Elite Line Services and client-directed Policies & Procedures.
- Successful candidate must be self-motivated who can work independently or on a team.
- Certifications in applicable skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize many different projects
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions and results.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Ability to work with people regardless ofrace, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to manage resources to complete job assignment.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), and E-Mail; and internet usage.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the Company’s insurance policy
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Promoting and conducting good housekeeping practices
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements:**
- Vision (Near, Distance)
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.)
Varies between an office environment as well as all areas located in a distribution center. May be around dust, dirt and noise levels above OSHA minimum requirements. Use of PPE required.
Elite Line Services (ELS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, gender identity, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
# of Openings: 1
Company Division: AMZ