Serco Engineering Technician II in Peterson AFB, Colorado
This cleared Engineering Tech II position will be supporting the buildup and modernization of facilities across Colorado Springs. You will be
part of a team that works closely with the customer and other Serco teams to deliver quality systems.
The Engineering Technician II works on a team supporting structured cabling installations. Performs standardized or prescribed assignments involving a sequence of related operations. Follows standard work methods on recurring assignments but receives explicit instructions on unfamiliar assignments; technical adequacy of routine work is reviewed on completion; non-routine work may also be reviewed in progress.
In this role you will be working in clearance required facilities:
• Contribute in all phases of the infrastructure installation or upgrade
• Pulling and dressing of Category and Fiber Optic cabling
• Installation of racks, cable conveyance, and all peripheral equipment
• Rack and Stacking of equipment in racks
• Termination of copper cable up to CAT6A and SM/MM Fiber single strand to MPO/MTP
• Testing and recording of all cables
• Installation of Audio Visual (AV) systems equipment and cabling
To be successful in this role, you will have to:
Clearance – Must have an Active and Current DoD Secret Level Security Clearance
Educational Requirement Requires a High School diploma
Certification Requirements (Preferred by not required)
• Preference given to candidates with current Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) Installer 1
• Preference given to candidates with current AVIXA CTS certification
• At least 2-4 years of experience in related tasks
• Work will be performed inside a large government facility.
• Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
• May require climbing, working at heights and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks. Must
be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standard office
environmental conditions. Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machines
• General office equipment, which includes telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
• Copper and Fiber Termination equipment, Copper and Fiber Test Equipment
• Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders, and test equipment.
• May require operating motor vehicles.
• Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
• Position may require night and weekend work
• You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
Other Essential Functions
• Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the
workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize, and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a highpressure
environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military, and contractor
personnel at all levels.
• Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Grooming and dress must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
• Must have reliable transportation to Peterson Air Force Base
Military Veterans and Spouses encouraged to apply!
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Click here to apply now (https://careers-sercona.icims.com/jobs/38118/engineering-technician-ii/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-1834477830)
Refer a friend for this job
New to Serco?
Connect with us! (https://careers-sercona.icims.com/connect?back=intro&in_iframe=1&hashed=-626008856)
Recruiting Location : Location US-CO-Peterson AFB
Position Type Full-Time
Security Clearance Secret
Telework No - Teleworking not available for this position