Kiewit Corporation Entry Level Quality Coordinator - KEG Quality in Nation Wide, Colorado
Entry Level Quality Coordinator - KEG Quality
Date: Apr 5, 2019
Location: Nation Wide, CO, US
Requisition ID: 78803
A part of Kiewit Energy Group (KEG), our Quality Team is looking for individuals who have a passion for continuous improvement for all aspects of quality witihin the industrial construction industry. If quality means more to you than quantity, then the role of Quality Coordinator with KEG - Quality is a perfect opportunity to kick start your career of doing things right the first time!
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit provides engineering, procurement, installation, and construction projects for multiple industries. It is Kiewit’s policy to meet project requirements as defined by the project contract documents and to adhere to corporate quality objectives and principles. Our principal quality objectives are to meet or exceed clients’ expectations and to eliminate rework by performing our work “right the first time”.
KEG - Quality has teams all over North America, with main hubs in Denver, CO and The Woodlands, TX. During the internship expereince you'll have the opportunity to truly be a member of the Quality Team, and go where the work is or support projects from an office location.
• Perform assignment specific engineering and construction management duties to and assist in facilitating and implementing the quality program.
• Review and prepare welding procedure specifications, conduct welder performance qualification testing, and maintain quality records
• Conduct non-desctructive examaninations, reviewing sub-contractor processess and qualifications
• Ability to travel and relocate as the business requires (25%-50%)
• Pursuing an undergraduate degree in construction management, engineering, welding technology or related field
• Working knowledge of quality control procedures relating to construction activities is preferred
• ASQ, CQM, CQA or CWI certified and inspection experience a plus
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide-ranging climates and environments
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
Other common names for this role: Quality Engineer Intern, Quality Coordinator Intern, Quality Internship
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Intern, Welding, Quality, Entry Level, Engineering, Manufacturing