3D Systems, Inc. Supervisor, Metals Production Post Processing in Littleton, Colorado
The 3D Systems site in Littleton, Colorado is expanding rapidly and needs an enthusiastic and dedicated Metals Production Post Processing Supervisor to augment the existing leadership team under the direction of the Metals Manager of Manufacturing. A young team in a young company means that the successful candidate should be experienced with coaching, implementing systems, creating new ways of work, and operating with immature business processes. Additional experience in solving problems, documenting procedures, and managing projects are crucial to a successful Production Post Processing Supervisor.
The best Post Processing Supervisorsare multi-functional as they manage and plan the schedule of post processing work produced by our fleet of additive manufacturing machines. They have the ability to work with all functions including Machine Supervisors, engineering, manufacturing, EH&S and facilities. This includes managing workflow of all process steps and communicating with the proper channel to keep each PO on track to hit target completion dates. Their greatest skill is having the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with all departments. Time management, urgency and organizational skills are critical for success in this position.
As part of the Healthcare business unit of 3D Systems, the Littleton facility acts as a service bureau to enable customers without the expertise, capital, or desire to additively manufacture their products. We are experts in digital workflows, patient-specific devices, and five different kinds of 3D printing. The Manufacturing department serves both the Virtual Surgical Planning as well as the Contract Manufacturing product lines with plastic and metal additive manufacturing.
The following performance objectives will determine job success for this position:
1. Following WI’s/Workmanship Standards.All work done on the Manufacturing floors will be completed by following written/visual WI’s and Workmanship standards. Attention to accurately documenting all tasks performed is a key driver in satisfying quality/departmental standards. The Post Processing Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring their team of technicians adheres to all company standards. The Supervisor will also be in charge of initiating changes to documentation, WI’s or Workmanship Standards when needed.
2. Multitask/Set and follow priorities.Initiative in completing tasks handed out by the Dept. Manager in a timely manner while achieving high quality standards. Supervisors will set their team up for success by setting daily/weekly goals based upon Dept. leadership communication on meeting on time delivery dates. Supervisors will set up daily technician schedules and assign techs to specific post processing areas.
3. Organizational Skills.Supervisor will be in charge of leading a continuously growing culture of organization, cleanliness and safety.
4. Support Engineering and Quality departments.Supervisors will work hand in hand with different departments such as Engineering and Quality. These are critical/essential relationships that allow us to produce industry leading product.
5. *Adherence to 6s and PPE.All department personnel will follow 6s standards and help to implement them on the production floor. Proper PPE must be worn when instructed to do so by written departmental protocol while taking pride in our site wide safety initiative. Supervisors will be left in charge to ensure their teams are leading by example and adhering to our 6s and Safety goals. *
6. Work within a team environment.The Manufacturing team is maturing therefore we have a need for Supervisors to help build a strong team culture based upon excellent communication. Supervisors will exhibit drive and dedication in making our department great. They will directly oversee a team of Post Processing Technicians while working closely with Maintenance Technicians and Dept. Supervisors/Manager in order to hit production goals.
7. Recognition of Non-Conforming product.Ability to identify or recognize non-conforming product and using the proper quality protocols to ensure necessary steps are being initiated/adhered to. Relaying important information through the proper communication channels.
8. Training/Development.Supervisors will be in charge of implementing and ensuring their teams training plans are up to date and current. Supervisors schedule and an oversee hands on training person with technicians when new processes are developed. The development of new and current technicians is crucial to our department being successful.
9. Reviews/Performance Evaluation.Supervisors will schedule frequent technician 1:1’s and be in charge of technician performance evaluations.
10. Enthusiastic in learning new processes/machinery.DMP personnel work with various types of machinery and auxiliary equipment in order to accomplish the completion of a finished part(s). Some Machines/equipment include:
Blast Cabinets.Blast cabinets contain media such as Glass Bead, Alumina and Soda which allow our product to stand out and meet customer quality requirements.**
Dermal/Micro Grinders.These hand held tools are used to perfect high detail post processing of complex parts. High attention to detail while using these tools helps to ensure excellence in finishing and meeting customer expectations.
Sanders Belt/Wheel.Use of these will help shape parts to meet quality dimensional specifications.
Hand tools.Feeling comfortable in using a drill, air hammer, manual chisel, files, picks and other basic machine shop tools.
Ultra Sonic Cleaning Line.Technicians will learn how to run various machines within our wet lab.
We are looking for Individuals with possible experience in any of the below fields:
Machine shop environment.
Medical Device experience.
Metal Finishing or part finishing.
6s or 5s experience.
Previous leadership role.
Please review the performance objectives above to better understand the critical success factors that will be necessary for this role.
High school diploma/GED is required.
With access to technical information from aerospace and defense customers, a successful candidate for this position will be a U.S. Person.
DMP personnel will be required to wear a Full Face, Half Face and/or Powered Air-Purifying Respirator when performing tasks associated with Metal Powder exposure. These will be provided by 3D Systems.
Furthermore, employees will need to be fit tested during the hiring process and annually after being hired.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range: $60,700 - $72,800 (salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the candidate, and alignment with market data)
In addition to a salary, this position is eligible for an annual bonus based upon company performance.
3D Systems offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, and company-paid basic life insurance. Sick Leave, Flex (Vacation) Time, Parental Leave, and paid time off for recognized holidays. 3D Systems also provides a 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan option with a company match.
Title: Supervisor, Metals Production Post Processing
Requisition ID: 21000038