Lockheed Martin Quality Inspector in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The ideal candidate will be able to support production activities at the Littleton, CO Mechanical Manufacturing Center (MMC) and have experience in quality inspection techniques, interpreting engineering drawings and specifications, and identification of nonconforming hardware.
Successful candidates will be able to perform all assigned tasks based on demonstrated, certified skills, and abilities necessary to inspect composite hardware. Be comfortable with working with cross-functional (Engineering, Program Management and Customers) to eliminate quality control issues. Prepare paper and electronic documentation on nonconforming hardware. A continuous improvement mindset, focus on world class quality, and the ability to work effectively with a team are also key.
Must be willing to work off shifts and non-standard work weeks as needed to meet product deliverables, including overtime as required.
• High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional technical training sufficient enough to perform required basic calculations, electronic/mechanical assembly/test, computer operations, etc.
• Must be able to read and comprehend detailed work instruction as well as interpret drawings, schematics, sketches, specifications and standards.
• Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications, and the use of computer resources to access specifications, engineering, and communicate effectively with others with minimal assistance.
• Willing and able to work second shift, extended hours, weekends, and holidays depending production needs.
*US Citizenship required
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.)
• Knowledge and proficiency using VE-CAMS and SAP Q-notes
• Machined and Composite part measuring skills
• Previous industry related certifications to include: Hardware Torqueing, Adhesive Bonding, Polymerics
• Experience with new product introductions, lean manufacturing, cost and quality optimization on the production floor is highly desired
• Quality Assurance inspection background preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.