Lockheed Martin Project Manager - Facilities Construction (early to mid-career level) in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Here at Lockheed Martin Space (LM Space), we’re shaping the space technologies of tomorrow, today. As we further enhance and develop a competitive enterprise for capturing new opportunities in the market, our facility Project Implementation organization is providing the path forward in a dynamic environment to stay ahead of facility infrastructure needs and construction innovations through projects supporting many types of space. Such projects include anechoic & thermal vacuum chamber test areas, critical manufacturing & assembly areas, technology support operations centers and cutting-edge customer demonstration capabilities to name a few.
Virtually every LM Space mission success starts with a strong foundation of facility infrastructure design, construction and execution management, which is performed risk free in support of business needs without interruption. As a Facilities Project Manager at our Littleton, CO facility, you’ll have the opportunity to use your education and experience to take on interesting challenges and become an integral part of our team as we build new or redesign current state of the art engineering facilities. You’ll use innovative approaches that will help facilitate our ability to achieve mission success. Projects will vary from very simple ones with low complexity tenant finish to higher technical specialized laboratories and unique testing chambers.
Summary of key duties for this position:
• Plan, direct, and manage all phases of construction projects from initiation of design concepts through design, implementation, and closeout.
• Ensure project requirements are defined, contract and contract changes are negotiated, operating budgets established, and financial terms/conditions of contract are identified.
• Act as primary contact for facility project activities and be responsible for multiple concurrent project logistics & leadership, communication, reviews of cost, schedule and technical performance.
• Establish schedule milestones and monitor adherence to master plans, standards, construction specifications, budgets, and schedules.
• Identify problems, status and develop solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing project scope assessment.
• Represent FO&S organization and provide coordination with internal staff, external subcontractors, telecommunications, and other Space customer Lines of Business.
• Frequently interface with senior management on significant decision making or status.
Candidates typically have 3+ years of experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3 years of professional experience; or 1 year of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
• Experience managing project financial budgets and scheduling milestones related to project management ranging from $1,000 to $10M in concurrent projects
• Experience leading and driving multiple concurrent project teams through project life cycles for successful on schedule and budget project completion
• Ability to prioritize projects and related tasks with organizational direction and budget standard guidelines
• Ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems, recommends or lead operational change as technical leader, and can coach or assist other peers
• This position will be located at a facility that requires special access and requires the selected candidate to be a U.S. Citizen
• Project Engineering background
• Commercial / Industrial / Government build experience
• Ability to motivate teams and demonstrate excellent interpersonal customer skills, time management, and organizational strength
• Construction background including managing and negotiating with architectural & engineering firms, general contractors, and subcontractors
• Project management PMP Certification
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.