Lockheed Martin Electro-Mechanical Assembler / Technical Assembler / Production Assembler in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Lockheed Martin Space is seeking candidates who are energized and passionate about helping us build the space technologies of tomorrow. We are going to Mars and beyond! Join us in the journey!
The Assembler will support production activities in either the Chemical Mix Lab or Battery Work Center at the Littleton, CO manufacturing facility. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate skills and abilities necessary to assemble, document and validate products manufactured within the work area. A continuous improvement mindset, focus on world-class quality, and the ability to work effectively within a team environment are key assets.
Candidates will be required to take courses and pass subsequent written and practical application tests as a contingency to employment in the following disciplines:
1) Connector Mate & Demate
2) NASA Cable & Harness
3) NASA Polymerics
4) Hardware Torqueing
5) Adhesive Bonding
6) JSTD001MAP Solder Certification
Entry Level candidates will possess applicable experience where mechanical skills and aptitude are valued. Entry Level candidates will be considered for the Chemical Mix Lab only.
Mid to Advance Level candidates will possess experience in electromechanical or electronics manufacturing environments where successful hands-on experience in mechanical assembly, soldering and harness fabrication were performed. Mid to Advance Level candidates may be considered for multiple opportunities.
Desired Skills: 1) Experience with the mixing of materials for flight hardware coating, bonding, and staking applications.
2) Solder, bonding and coating certifications.
3) Cable and harness manufacturing experience.
4) Box/Module assembly experience.
5) Prior Solder Fountain or Wave Solder experience
6) Prior Automated SMT equipment experience.
7) Prior experience in PCBA or CCA Manufacturing to include hand soldering of SMT and PTH components.
8) Prior experience in Space Systems assembly to include electronic and mechanical fabrication.
9) Prior experience in electrical testing and/or in-line inspections and verifications.
10) Experience with new product introductions, continuous improvement, cost and quality optimization on the production floor is highly desired.
11) Previous industry related certifications to include: IPC Soldering and Cabling Certifications, NASA Hand Solder, J-STD, Hardware Torqueing, Adhesive Bonding, Polymerics, Connector Mate & De-mate, NASA Cable Harness.
1) Must display maturity of action and judgment with a demonstrated track record of resourcefulness from previous assignments.
2) Must be able to read and comprehend detailed work instructions, engineering drawings & specifications.
3) Mechanical aptitude required.
4) Must be able to perform basic arithmetic functions for weight measurements, torque conversions, temperature conversions and dimensional measurements.
5) Ability to work second shift if required, weekends and holidays in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
6) Employment is contingent upon successful completion and maintenance of all required certifications.
7) This position will be located at a facility that requires approved entry access.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.