HSS Inc Full-Time Facility Supervisor Firearm & Taser - Children's Hospital in Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Manages and provides leadership to assigned workgroup; develops, implements, and coordinates program activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
Manages daily work assignments and schedules to include the daily schedule of all assigned HSS personnel.
Manages time sheet processing, overtime utilization, and Vision accuracy.
May conduct off-hours inspections of employees and program elements.
Develops and updates Facility Orders and Competency Tasks.
- Oversees the assigned work group and/or location(s); maintains HSS equipment and supplies.
- Provides facility employee involvement/security awareness educational programs and workshops.
- Proactively leads, manages and develops direct reports.
- Develops and manages competency tasks and procedures.
- Analyzes department functions and make suggestions, recommendations or changes when appropriate to increase effectiveness and productivity.
- Writes reports / reviews reports from others and assesses situations for potential negative impact.
Interacts with various departments and leaders of the facility to effectively implement the security program.
Identifies program issues and potential negative situations; develops and formulates possible solutions; reports possible countermeasures to appropriate leaders.
Performs duties of a security officer and/or supervisor as needed which includes, but is not limited to:
Provides a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities, or suspicious activities in public and non-public areas which may include but is not limited to areas such as the main building, outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels, mechanical areas, or patient treatment areas.
- Responds quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Escorts persons and assist facility personnel.
- Constantly alert and vigilant for activities which could result in injury to a person or damage to or loss of property.
- Enforces and abides by all regulations and guidelines of the facility, PACT/BeST and HSS.
- Verbally intervenes during crisis. This includes the functional ability to quickly grasp stressful situations, develop rapport with uncooperative individuals, understand when people are or are not processing information, and be supportive or directive as needed.
- Ability to physically intervene when people are in crisis. This includes the functional ability to physically restrain people, requiring retention of trained knowledge under stress as well as the ability to meet significant physical demands including those of a struggle with someone physically stronger, while making all possible efforts not to inflict injury. It includes the ability to continue to request or direct compliance from people while they are being restrained.
- Communicates effectively with diverse people including clients or their representatives, client employees, visitors, or client vendors.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of a facility and, where applicable, of multiple facilities.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with the facility security representatives, local public safety agencies, and HSS administration.
- Participates on facility committees and interfaces with appropriate facility departments.
- Ensures applicable paperwork/computer data are properly documented and followed up.
- Attends HSS and facility conferences and meetings as scheduled.
- Safely handle and maintain firearm that meets HSS guidelines.
- Apply HSS' Use of Force Policy appropriately
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Science, Behavioral Health or related discipline preferred and/or the equivalent of education and experience.
- IAHSS Basic Officer, Advanced Officer, and Supervisor Training Certification within 6 months of assignment; must have Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator Certificate within one year of eligibility.
- Minimum of two to three years supervisory experience and background in management in a service setting.
- One year of mental health experience preferred.
- Prefer experience and training in dealing with behavioral health patients and other aggressive or "At Risk" persons and related staff/patient safety situations.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English language proficiently.
- Strong public speaking skills to participate in and/or lead a committee meeting.
- Ability to effectively write analytical reports, routine reports and correspondence and proofread team member reports for such things as correct spelling, grammar and clarity.
- Ability to build positive working relationships and demonstrate accountability.
- Experience with Vision or other scheduling systems is a plus.
- Experience with data analytics preferred.
- Proficient in basic computer skills and ability to learn Vision labor management software and incident reporting software.
- Excellent customer service skills and genuine desire to assist people and provide protection.
Manages security program operations duties which include but are not limited to:
Managing multiple tasks simultaneously and quickly identify potential negative or dangerous situations and implement effective countermeasures.
- Manage and motivate a diverse workforce, monitor and measure employee performance and provide appropriate feedback.
- Ability to meet HSS's driving requirements and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable jurisdictional armed security license(s) or certifications and/or client/contract specific licenses or certifications
- Ability to meet the requirements of a psychological screening assessment conducted by a licensed psychologist
- Ability to meet qualification standards when initially placed in a TASER position and annually thereafter
- Ability to be exposed to a TASER
- Ability to obtain and maintain any applicable local or state license or permit to carry a TASER
- Ability to participate in and pass additional TASER training at the discretion of the TASER instructor and/or HSS
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of the HSS Conducted Energy Weapon (TASER), HSS Taser Policy Policies
ARMED (Handgun) QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to obtain and maintain any applicable local or state license or permit to carry a weapon
- Ability to pass the initial and semi-annual HSS approved firearms training course to demonstrate proficiency in use of firearm
- Ability to participate and meet the requirements of additional firearms training at the discretion of the firearms instructor
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of the HSS Firearms Policies
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a full-time position. Work hours will vary depending on project deadlines and the needs of the company. Workweeks may exceed 40 hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Environment may be fast paced and stressful. Approximately 15-25% local travel is required with a potential of domestic overnight travel in the future. May include one or more of the following: Day and/or Overnight, by plane and/or car.
Our full-time positions offer role specific on-the-job training, career paths, and a full range of benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Reimbursement Plans
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays*
- 401k Plan & Free Retirement Planning Consulting
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Income Protection Benefits
- Life Insurance for Teammate and Family
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition & Reward Program
- Perks Discount Programs with 3,000 free classes from yoga to financial wellness.
- Wellness Program
- Pet Insurance
- Identify Theft Protection Plan
- RTD EcoPass available by location.
*The schedule of paid holidays may vary by location.
Compensation Range: $21.80 - $27.25 Compensation is determined by factors like training or experience, work history, geographic location, and travel requirements. The Company complies with all state and local wage and hour laws and the minimum pay range will always be at or above the applicable minimum wage.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; run, climb stairs, and carry and operate fire extinguisher, emergency equipment or other required equipment; help restrain or lift a person; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 75 pounds (may request assistance). Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis, and formulation. While visiting client locations, individual may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, chemicals, bodily fluids, and other conditions commonly found in customer environments. Able to drive a vehicle.
HSS job descriptions are meant as summarization's only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled