Cretex Laborer in Henderson, Colorado
Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.5 billion in 2017. Forterra employs more than 5,000 people and operates more than 88 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.
We are currently recruiting 10 Production Laborers to join our Henderson, CO Team. Will train if no direct experience. Starting wage is $15.00 per hour with the ability to receive an increase after 90 days based on satisfactory performance.
The entry level general labor position will include but is not limited to, the setting up and pouring of concrete forms and finishing of the final product. This position may be expected to work longer hours as well as some weekends. Must be a self-starter and motivated to see tasks through to completion. This individual must be able to successfully communicate and coordinate with other team members at all times to maximize production. Must have good attention to detail and be safety oriented.
- Able to operate overhead crane for approximately four (4) hours at any given time.
- Close 48" wet-cast manhole jackets after setup complete.
- Shovel concrete into wheelbarrow and clean out bucket.
- Miscellaneous clean-up including picking up garbage and cutting scrap mesh.
- Comply with all safety regulations, maintain clean and orderly work areas and adhere to company OSHA safety guidelines at all times. Promote a safe work environment for all staff, vendors, and customers.
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance; comply with all company policies unit work rules, and directives for the fulfillment of maximum production and quota objectives.
- Any other miscellaneous tasks assigned by your supervisor at any given time and in any given area.
- Previous heavy equipment and concrete experience desired but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse work environment with all levels of employees
- Able to be self-motivated and problem solve when necessary
- Able to use hand tools
- Intermediate mathematics skills
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures both written and oral
- Commitment to building a positive culture.
- Ability to apply effective time management and self-management skills.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 75 pounds frequently.
- Perform work standing for 8-10 hours per day, up to 6 days per week.
- Employee required to talk, hear, stand, walk, push, pull, sit, use hands, handle, feel, reach with hands or arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Job sometimes demands close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing duties, employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions. Noise level is also high in the work environment. Appropriate safety equipment is provided by the company for all employees.
Our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in the future of our employees to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer an excellent compensation package that includes: competitive pay, vacation, ten paid holidays, 401k plan up to 4% contribution, medical, health saving account (HSA), flex plan, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life insurance.
Forterra is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V - Forterra is a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Start/End Date: 12-Apr-2019 to 11-Jun-2019 (EST)
Department: New Precast
Location: Henderson, CO, USA
Employment Type: Full Time