Leprino Foods Supervisor, Planning/Scheduling in Greeley, Colorado
The Production Planner/Scheduler is responsible for producing accurate and timely production schedules and product management instructions to ensure the availability of finished goods to meet customer orders or for shipment to other facilities for processing. Provides guidance and direction to a team of hourly employees in the Warehouse Department. Builds an effective employee team by engaging, mentoring, and developing direct reports. Make solid decisions pertaining to product quality, department safety, and department efficiency for team.
This position is also responsible for all raw materials and pallet inventories, scheduling production and managing work orders and scheduling reprocessed product. Ensures that incoming milk and packaging materials meets Leprino guidelines and that outgoing cream is directed to the appropriate locations.
GENERAL OUTLINE OF DUTIES (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following outline of duties satisfactorily. This is only a sampling of responsibility as other duties will be assigned.)
• Maintains proper inventory levels of Finished Goods Inventory.
• Optimizes production planning in an environment that demands constant changes in shipping requirements and ensuring the availability of finished goods upon customers’ demand
• Measures performance by level of customer service issues, inventory accuracy, availability of finished goods.
• Partner with cheese/processing production department to best determine blending/scheduling of products to maximize profitability and ease of product transitions
• Demonstrate leadership in the Warehouse Department by implementing programs in training, safety, communications, performance recognition and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee productivity and motivation
• Provide positive coaching and mentoring experiences for department personnel
• Integrate Leprino Quality into all aspects of the warehouse function by encouraging continuous improvement, team work and distinguished customer service
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Product Management, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
5+ years of experience in supply chain, production planning, product management, or other relevant experience
1+ year of experience leading, mentoring, and/or delegating work to others
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
Technical background in food technology, food science, dairy science, microbiology, or chemistry
Dairy/Cheese manufacturing experience
Previous supervisory experience in manufacturing environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities/Competencies:
Technical expertise, knowledge and understanding of computerized inventory principles, materials management, production management, transportation, OSHA regulations and customer service needs.
Proficient computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office products.
Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to individuals at all levels within the company.
Familiarity or ability to learn SAP, or similar integrated manufacturing system.
Ability to influence upward, laterally, and downward without any direct line authority
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to determine the root cause to issues that arise, using skills of investigation, organizing thoughts and conclusions, and presenting these solutions to others.
Effective communication skills
Requisition ID: 2020-6295
External Company Name: Leprino Foods Company
External Company URL: http://www.leprinofoods.com
Street: 1302 1st Avenue
Post End Date: 2/28/2021