Air National Guard Units ELECTRONICS MECHANIC in Greeley, Colorado
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a ELECTRONICS MECHANIC, Position Description Number D1466000 and is part of the CO 233D Space Group, National Guard.
It's purpose is to install, configure, operate, inspect, service, troubleshoot, repair, align, and overhaul the only U.S. Air Force survivable mobile Defense Support Program (DSP) missile warning satellite ground system, which operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Learn more about this agency
Performs preventive scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the mobile jam resistance, secure satellite communications system, including the following integrated subsystems: The fiber optic subsystem (including: patching equipment, fiber modems, low rate multiplexers, timing devices, and associated test equipment), the spread spectrum digital modem (including: processor, network control equipment, receiver/transmitters, forward error correction coding/decoding equipment, internal encryption equipment, man-machine interface (MMI), critical control circuit equipment); and the Radio Frequency subsystem (including: critical system timing, frequency control subsystems, high power transmitters and receivers, and antenna tracking and control equipment). Provides decision making input to determine equipment requirements to the Table of Allowance for the Unit. Configures multiple complex voice, text, and data communications systems over which warning and intelligence reports are transmitted. Accomplishes initial equipment set-up, configuration, and operation. Repairs and monitors system equipment, analyzes and isolates malfunctions, replaces or repairs defective units down to the lowest repairable unit, and performs corrective alignments. Plans and conducts on the job training for Traditional Guardsmen and newly assigned technicians. Coordinates directly with MAJCOM, Wing, Numbered Air Forces, Pentagon and National Command Authorities personnel on a routine basis on the integration and testing of new or modified equipment. Coordinates through the network controller at Ft Detrick and Camp Roberts and directs communication circuit troubleshooting with Schriever AFB and Offut AFB Communications facilities, Cheyenne Mountain technical control, Pentagon technical control and various other National Command Authorities communications technicians. Implements engineering changes as well as providing technical guidance and assistance to depot repair teams, installation and engineering teams, Space Systems Support Group, and civilian contractors. Performs Validation and Verification (VAL/VER) on new T.O.s because of the uniqueness of the equipment. Prepares reports and messages for outside agencies, including the Defense Information Systems Agency, Network controllers, Depot support agencies, other network terminals, U.S. Space Command and Air Force Space Command. Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
2604 Electronics Mechanic
- Radio Equipment Repairers
Repairers, Radio Equipment
Conditions of Employment
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Membership in the Colorado Air National Guard and current member of SMFSW.
- Must hold the grade of E-2 thru E-5.
- Compatible Military Assignment 3D1X3 AFSC or able to obtain it within one year of hire.
- Submit all required documentation.
- For positions requiring the operation for motor vehicle, candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
- For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
Military Grades: E-2 thru E-5
Compatible Military Assignments: * 3D1X3 AFSC or able to obtain it within one year of hire*
Specialized experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position.
An applicant's RESUME must provide, in detail, how they meet each specialized experience listed below.
It must be documented with "from (mm/yy)" and "to (mm/yy)" dates and description of the specialized experience.
If education or a degree is required as part of the "Specialized Experience", you must include transcripts.
DO NOT copy each bullet listed below word for word and place into your resume; you must describe your personal experience as it pertains to each bullet.
You will be immediately disqualified if you fail to include specialized experience in your resume.
Must have at least 24 months of Specialized Experience in each of the following:
- Experience in utilizing principles, basic functions and application of theory of electronic systems or equipment. 2.Experience in diagnosing problems and determining needed repairs for malfunctions in electronic equipment or systems. 3.Experience in making mechanical repairs that required the use of precision measuring and calibrating equipment. 4.Experience in using complex test equipment such as deviation meters, complex special test panels, etc. 5.Experience which demonstrates the ability to interpret technical manuals, specifications, and publications.
Education cannot be substituted for Specialized Experience for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- If you would like to inquire about joining the Colorado Army National Guard please contact (720) 250-1351.
- If you would like to inquire about joining the Colorado Air National Guard please contact Recruiting Office Supervisor at 720-847-9423.
- PCS funds are not available (unless otherwise stated).
- Be advised that if selected for a military technician position where membership in a reserve component is a condition of employment, your bonus may be terminated and may or may not be subject to recoupment. Questions pertaining to recoupment may be directed to the State Incentives manager at (720) 250-1337.
- AGR positions are not announced/applied for on USAjobs. Contact your respective AGR offices for instructions on how to apply for AGR positions.
- A security clearance may be required for this position. Please contact the selecting supervisor or state security manager with questions regarding clearances. (Failure to obtain/maintain a security clearance may be grounds for termination from the Technician program.)
- Unless stated otherwise: Must be fully qualified or able to obtain AFSC within one year hire if this position is listed as immaterial against NGB compatibility requirements. If there is a compatible, required, or restricted AFSC listed in this announcement - you will need that AFSC to qualify for the position. If this position requires specific ASVAB scores, please contact the selecting supervisor with any questions.
- This position may be contingent on the vacancy of the incumbent even if not otherwise stated in this announcement. Please contact the HRO with any questions regarding hiring dates.
- Unless stated otherwise: If this position is posted as an Indefinite Technician it may be converted to Permanent without further competition. Please contact the HRO with any questions regarding employment status.
- Per ARNG-HRH Policy Memorandum #10-39, mandatory Full Time Staff (FTS) training is required within a year of hire as a condition of employment in vacancy announcements for both Technician and Active Guard Reserve positions. Failure of new FTS personnel to complete NGB prescribed courses at PEC within the first year of employment may be cause for reassignment to other full time positions or termination of their employment.
- Current COANG Technicians and AGRs hired for a position in which an MCR is required will remain in their current status unless/until the MCR is approved. In the event the MCR is not approved, they are accepting the position in their current status.
- We use E-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you are found to be a minimally qualified candidate, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
Failure to submit the required documents will be grounds for disqualification without further review
REQUIRED: A current Resume, providing name, military rank, and email REQUIRED: Specialized experience documented in your resume with mm/yy to mm/yy format REQUIRED:Your DD214 (if available) or Service School Certificate awarding your AFSC
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10353881
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
Harry Mitchell Jr.
CO 233D Space Group 2605 E 8th St Greeley, CO 80631 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/517610500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 11/22/2018 to 12/22/2018
Pay scale & grade: WG 11
Salary: $27.16 to $31.72 per hour
Appointment type: Permanent - Indefinite
Work schedule: Full-Time