The Inland Real Estate Group of companies, Inc. Maintenance Techician in Fort Collins, Colorado
Inland Investment Real Estate Services, Inc. | The Preserve at the Meadows
350 Riva Ridge Dr
Fort Collins, CO 80526, USA
Our luxury apartment property in Fort Collins, CO has an opening for a full-time, Maintenance Technician!
We offer full-time employees health benefits, paid vacation and sick time, 401K with a company match, and company-paid life insurance. We also offer tuition reimbursement and significant apartment rental discounts for staff.
Qualified candidates must be professional and friendly. The maintenance tech is responsible to maintain the physical integrity of the community at all times. This involves ensuring a safe and secure living environment for residents, visitors, and staff. To accomplish this goal, the responsibilities of the maintenance technician include; general repairs to the apartments / common areas of the buildings and grounds, vacant apartment preparation, trash removal, emergency repairs, cleaning, landscaping, ordering maintenance equipment, record keeping, accepting deliveries and moving furniture and/or appliances.
- Address resident service and maintenance requests in a timely manner.
- Communicates with residents on any pending items or the status of service requests to ensure satisfaction.
- Keep the physical property throughout the community and immediately correct unsafe conditions.
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, service request, expenditures, apartment make-ready status, work in progress, etc.
- Ensure all make-ready repairs and services are completed on schedule.
- Rakes, sweeps, shovels, and salts property grounds as circumstances warrant.
- Changes locks and keys.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of experience in property maintenance or equivalent maintenance-related fieldwork.
- Ability to interact professionally and efficiently with prospects, residents, staff, and management.
- Hands-on experience within basic plumbing, carpentry, electrical, heating and air conditioning systems (heat pump experience a plus), swimming pools, landscaping, and cleaning.
- Applicants must furnish their own tools and have transportation to pick up replacement parts and supplies from vendors.
- The applicant must be HVAC certified and CPO certified preferred.
- Applicant must have a CFC/EPA approved certification (or be willing to obtain within 45 days of hire)
- Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT) preferred. Must be willing to obtain the CAMT if requested by management.
- Physical requirements include being able to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and stairs, walk between buildings and on roofs, stoop, kneel, and bend as well as have hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all OSHA guidelines to ensure the protection of themselves and their team.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Achieve Fair Housing certification prior to interaction with prospects or residents.
- Must have the ability to travel to pick up replacement parts and supplies from vendors.
- Other duties as required.
- The selected applicant will also be required to complete a drug and background screening.
Work Hours: 40+hours a week, evenings, weekends, and on-call hours are required as circumstances warrant.
Inland Residential Real Estate Services, Inc. (an entity within The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc.) is a full-service professional property management firm specializing in the management of multi-family housing properties nationwide. Experience, professionalism, and loyalty are just a few of the many things that set IRRES apart in the multifamily property management arena. Building relationships is at the heart of everything we do. Our communities feature a variety of styles to meet your needs with updated appliances and finishes and resort-like clubhouses with community rooms, pools, and gathering areas.
We are a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment background checks and drug screening is performed on all new hires, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, familial, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classes.
We are an E-Verify employer. Please click the following link to learn more.
High School or better
Posted: July 15, 2020