Fluor Uninterruptible Power Supply Tech (TS/SCI with Polygraph Required) in Denver, Colorado
* Must possess a clearance at the TS/SCI access level, and have favorably completed a government issued Polygraph *
The Uninterruptible Power Supply technician shall perform inspection and testing of uninterruptible power systems in accordance with manufacturer data, to include:
• Weekly inspections on status, data, and alarm displays for all conditions, such as on/off and bypass mode condition.
• Weekly inspection of A/C and D/C voltage and current input and output of inverter, bypass, and battery supply.
• Weekly inspection of batteries and connections.
• Maintaining a log of all inspections that include tests, amounts of solution added, repairs, dates of activity, and initials of technician.
• Annually testing of all batteries and the coordination of replacements, as necessary, with third party manufacturers. End of useful life replacement of entire battery strings will be coordinated and executed by local resources.
• Annually coordinate the services of factory or manufacturer technicians when their expertise is required to troubleshoot, repair, replace, and maintain all UPS, and its associated components, in order for the UPS component/equipment to function per its designed intent.
• Daily inspections of UPS systems and monitoring systems (i.e. CELLWATCH/SCADA/Power Vision).
• The technician shall conduct minor maintenance on the UPS modules. This includes control board replacement, fan replacement, cleaning, and individual battery cell maintenance.
• The technician shall coordinate discharge tests as part of a routine maintenance schedule.
• The technician shall perform limited expansion and installation of associated UPS systems, SCADA controls, Power Vision and Cell Watch alongside third party vendors.
• The technician will train members of the electrical department on the operation and maintenance of various UPS units.
• Other duties as assigned
Salary Rate: $35.70 to $42.55/hour + Fringe
Fluor is proud to offer industry leading benefits program that includes access to the following;
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Portable Term Life
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Basic Employee Life Insurance
Life Assistance Program
401(k) with matching program
Supplemental voluntary programs
Positions covered by the McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act or Davis-Bacon Act will comply with the statute requirements.
Job ID: 125942BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.