Frontier Airlines Supervisor, Line Maintenance in Denver, Colorado
Denver, CO, USA
Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it’s our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right’ promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we’re not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
* *At Frontier, we like to think we’re creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we’re here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day’ business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines’ non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
* *Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
Oversees line maintenance operations and supervises line maintenance personnel.
- Manage, monitor and coordinate SMS activities as directed. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the development, implementation, maintenance, and integration of the SMS throughout Frontier
- Identify hazards and safety risk assessments including change management
- Ensure effectiveness of safety risk controls
- Promote safety
- Advise the accountable executive on the performance of the SMS and on any need for improvement
- Accountable for achieving safety performance relative to job tasks
- Manage risk acceptable level: green or lower as defined by Frontier’s company risk matrix
- Take action to remove inoperative equipment from use, instruct proper tagging, and action repair or replacement.
- Monitor maintenance activities to ensure performance levels are sufficient to provide the highest possible standards of quality and safety.
- Determine work priorities on the shift.
- Supervise maintenance performed by Frontier maintenance personnel on company aircraft as well as contract aircraft.
- Provide timely and accurate information on aircraft status.
- Determine job standards, test personnel productivity, safety habits and workmanship.
- Review and evaluate maintenance performance and administer corrective action when necessary.
- Assist in formulation of departmental policy.
- Assist in creating and administer company and departmental budget and performance commitments.
- Assist with monthly/quarterly shelf life audits at maintenance stations, as applicable.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are maintained at a level of safety that meets the National Bureau of Standards requirements and/ or the manufacturer specifications.
- Conduct lost and found tool investigations and complete associated reports.
- Perform computer and administrative functions as assigned by manager.
- Identify possibilities for operational improvements and communicate them to management.
- Ensure adherence to airport and aircraft security regulations and report any violations and/or potential violations to management.
- Perform Shift Turnover as required per GMM 10.09.
- Audit completed aircraft records (e.g., logbook pages, work cards, non-routines, engineering documents [EOs, EAs, etc.], and other related documents) generated by RON and line maintenance.
- Monitor the proper completion of aircraft records (e.g., logbook pages, work cards, non-routines, Engineering documents [EOs, EAs, etc.], and other related documents) during RON and line maintenance.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of all assigned work documents and records.
- Make FMIS entries as required.
- Vol.D Ensure that department personnel, including themselves, are properly trained, qualified, and current to perform assigned tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager, Maintenance Control.
- Always follow (never deviate from) approved published procedures unless proper deviation is authorized.
- FAA-certificated mechanic with Airframe and Powerplant ratings
- Requires 3 years previous line maintenance experience
- Previous supervisory, lead or directing workforce experience (or previous leadership experience)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent working knowledge of company maintenance policies and procedures
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a stressful environment
- Ability to communicate in an effective, calm and professional manner at all times
- Ability to lead and motivate maintenance personnel in a positive and professional manner
- General computer and administrative skills
- Must demonstrate behavior that portrays the company core values of Safety, Respect, Trust, Collaboration, Value, and Passion while communicating with personnel and acting on behalf of the company
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, and administrate workloads to subordinates
- All maintenance equipment and tooling
- Varying work schedule – expected to work at least 1 week of graveyard shift per month
- May require 40+ hours / week
- Elevated noise levels
Generally, not required.
Salary Range:$78,400 - $98,000
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
Posted: January 8, 2021