Olgoonik Development Superintendent in Denver, Colorado
Olgoonik Diversified Services, LLC, a general construction company specializing in facilities construction, renovation and repair, is seeking candidates for the position of Superintendent. This is a full-time, year-round position with commensurate salary and benefits.
- Directly supervise and coordinate all field activities of mid to large scale construction projects.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to communicate changing requirements, scheduling, subcontractor issues, and any other issues that arise during construction.
- Supervise crews to obtain top quality workmanship, efficiency, employee satisfaction, morale, communication, commitment, teamwork and pride.
- Review and verify crew time sheets and submit to Payroll on specified days.
- Recognize and communicate any priority projects or problems, such as employee or job costing issues and/or issues from the client.
- Work closely with CQC Officer and SSHO to ensure project success.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Bring problems to the attention of the Project Manager, Safety Department or HR Manager.
- Provide calculations on hours involved, tons of materials needed, along with truck, plant and human resources required.
Coordinates, directs, and leads workers engaged in construction activities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ of experience in construction, with emphasis in superintendence involving mid to large scale construction projects. USACE experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or construction management is preferred but extensive experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Experience and training must include understanding of construction methods, techniques, equipment and hands-on experience in a supervisory position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to plan, allocate resources, manage production and coordinate people and equipment. Strong coordination, time management, active listening, oral and written expression and comprehension, critical thinking and reasoning skills are required.
- Basic knowledge of administration and management.
- Must have the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong—to recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the solution of those problems.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment when carrying out duties and to maintain good working relationships with the public and fellow employees.
- Must be able to read, understand and apply information obtained from blueprints, surveys and job specifications.
- Applicants must possess excellent communication skills and be adept in managing multiple construction contracts from concept to completion. Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to positively interact with colleagues, client and subcontractors to achieve mutual goals.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate vehicles and office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds for 50 feet. Job requires the ability to perform task on all areas and aspect of construction project. Must be able to climb ladders for heights up to 60 feet and crawl for distances of 50 feet.
Work is regularly performed indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including snow, rain, sleet, extreme winds, or ice storms. May be exposed to extreme temperatures, hot and cold, as part of environmental factors. Work may be performed near moving mechanical parts and/or vibration. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles or electrical shock hazards.
Subsidiary: Olgoonik Diversified Services
Location: CO - Denver
Requisition Number: 2012364
# of openings: 3
Employment Status: Regular Full Time