Albertsons Reefer Truck Mechanic in DENVER, Colorado
BASIC PURPOSE AND FUNCTION: This job position is responsible for maintenance and repair of all fleet equipment.
Requirements of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Thorough knowledge of trailer and refrigeration unit equipment, with heavy emphasis on refrigeration and maintenance and repair
- Previous experience as a Diesel Mechanic for refrigeration trailers
- Computer skills a plus
- ASE Certifications a plus
- Welding Certified a plus
- Knowledge of ABS braking systems
- DOT inspection certificate preferred
- Valid Driver's License with a clean driving record
Class A or B CDL preferredKey responsibilities include, but are not limited to: *
Perform repairs and preventative maintenance on fleet vehicles
- Diagnose and Troubleshoot problems
- Repair equipment including air and hydraulic systems, drive train components
- Fabrication and welding of critical suspension and chassis components
- Ability to work with others
- Test drive repaired trucks to verify repair if needed
- Apply technical standards and professional judgment in making decisions
- Must have own basic tools
- Other duties as assigned.We are a 24 -- 7 operation with shifts starting throughout the 24-hour day. Weekend and holiday availability is required. Must be able to work any and all shifts.
- It is the policy of the Albertsons Companies to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression or any other legally protected status. We support a drug-free workplace - all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. In addition, offers of employment are conditioned upon the successful completion of a criminal background screening, prior employment, education and license verification and possibly ergonomic testing based on position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled