University of Denver Master Plumber - Facilities Planning & Management in Denver, Colorado
Enrich the University of Denver's global prominence and community impact through excellence in innovative Facilities Services.
Through exceptional customer service, we provide sustainable stewardship to the university community that creates an engaging and thriving environment to learn, live, teach and work.
- Stewardship:We effectively use all resources to meet the needs of today without compromising the future. We work in a safe manner using equipment and procedures as appropriate and encourage others to do the same. We maintain confidences and protect the security of operations and assets by keeping information confidential and equipment/facilities secure. We demonstrate efficient use of time, equipment, and other resources with a focus on sustainable operations and best practices.
- Teamwork:We work together cooperatively in support of our mission. We value individuals and their contributions to the team and treat each other with respect and dignity. We actively work to create and support an inclusive and equitable workplace by embedding diversity into all aspects of the workplace. We communicate honestly and openly, listen attentively, and assume responsibility for resolving difficulties appropriately. We encourage cooperation, collaboration, and co-ownership of success.
- Professionalism:We earn the trust of others through professional conduct that includes honesty, reliability, and competency. We exhibit a courteous, conscientious and businesslike manner in the workplace. We actively endorse and support DU's mission and work to fulfill its vision, mission, and goals. We pursue professional development to increase expertise and improve our capabilities to deliver improved job performance.
- Service:We contribute to the success of others by responding in a courteous, timely and accurate manner, seeking assistance when necessary to create a positive DU experience that exceeds the expectations of students, and internal and external contacts. We understand that our performance directly affects the future of DU and strive to perform to enhance the DU experience. We embrace a positive attitude and participate through engagement with changes in procedures, environment, or responsibilities.
- Integrity:We accept responsibility for the University's and public's trust and are accountable for individual actions. We conduct ourselves and perform our duties in an environmentally, socially, and economically responsible manner that is reflective and protective of the trust placed on us as stewards of the University's facility related resources.
- Excellence:We strive to achieve excellence in all endeavors and are committed to continuous improvement. We enthusiastically deliver quality services to our customers while consistently seeking to improve those services through creativity and innovation.
- Engagement:We seek to "tell our story" through collaboration, communication, and inclusion with the greater DU community. Through involvement, we ensure the needs of students, faculty, staff, alumni, visitors, and neighbors are met and efforts from each department are understood. We take every opportunity to augment the education and research mission of the university through demonstration of real world applications of theories and principles.
*Position Summary *
This is the highest skilled level position in the plumbing trade area. This position works with little or no supervision on all work assigned. This position will fill in for the Plumbing Foreman in their absence and oversee the work of journeymen plumbers and lesser skilled workers.
- Works on plumbing systems and ensures that all work is accomplished in compliance with DU guidelines, plumbing codes, regulatory agencies compliance requirements and policies, and project plans and specifications.
- Provides instruction, leadership, supervision, inspections, and participates in the work of lesser-skilled workers in plumbing and other systems.
- Meets with outside contractors for DU projects.
- Acts as plumbing shop foreman in their absence.
- Makes cost and time estimates on repair work and proposed new installations.
- Reads and interprets complex drawings/plans and other detailed diagrams of plumbing, heating systems and equipment as required for design reviews and installations.
- Advises Plumbing Shop Foreman and administrative staff on matters pertaining to plumbing systems and projects.
- Drives to campus sites with tools and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesLanguage Skills:
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications and must be able to effectively communicate with supervisor, co-workers and other staff and faculty within the community.
- In the foremans absence, this position must be able to fill in for the foreman.
- Basic math skills required.
- Detailed procedures.
- Daily priorities are established by the employee.
- Employee responds to situations requiring immediate attention.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Expert skills.
- Competency in plumbing fields/functions.
- Ability to read, interpret, and work from complex blueprints, rough sketches, and drawings.
- Knowledge of standardized work routines and the ability to follow and give oral/written instructions involving a number of steps.
- Knowledge of all types of plumbing equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable of related OSHA and EPA regulations and able to effectively communicate regulations to others.
- Understanding of standard tools, materials, methods, and practices of a wide variety within the plumbing trade.
- Comprehension of plumbing construction, maintenance, principles of practical plumbing and plumbing codes.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft software applications.
- Expert skills, competency in plumbing fields/functions.
- Knowledge of all types of plumbing equipment, standard tools, methods materials and practices of a wide variety within the plumbing trade.
- Knowledgeable working with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Licensed by the State of Colorado as a Master Plumber
- Must be knowledgeable of areas related OSHA, EPA, ADA, IBC, and IPC regulations and be able to effectively communicate regulations to others
- Necessary experience required to be licensed as a Master Plumber
- Valid Colorado driver’s license and insurable by the University of Denver Insurance Carrier
- Must pass a Pre-Placement Physical
- Backflow certification
- Confined space entry qualified
- Trained in safety methods
- Familiar working with CMMS software, including WebTMA or similar work order system
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) July 31, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Resume and application
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.
Tracking Code: 000722
Department: Facilities - Maintenance & Operation (65)
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular