Pep Boys Loop Coordinator in Denver, Colorado
Auto Plus is a major U.S.-based distributor of automotive aftermarket parts. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been one of the nation's leading automotive aftermarket chains with over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Together, the united organization, Auto Plus Pep Boys, has over 21,000 associates in more than 20 distribution centers and over 1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more than 530 independently-owned stores and over 2,400 independently-owned service centers across the nation. Auto Plus Pep Boys is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. ("Icahn Enterprises"; NASDAQ: IEP).
Responsible for the safe, effective and timely delivery of parts and tires to all store locations on their assigned route. A Loop Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that delivery trucks are being safely operated. A successful Loop Coordinator will also be responsible for managing inventory integrity and assist the management team when necessary with additional operational store activities. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of the loop, store to store transfer and delivery process, productivity, profitability, work environment, safety, operational compliance and maintenance/upkeep of delivery trucks.
- Ensure all driver associates comply with company policies and procedures as outlined in the human resource and store operations manuals.
- Provide procedural guidance and direction to ensure all driver associates comply with policies and procedures, loss prevention, safety, and environmental codes and ordinances.
- Will be the primary resource for processing and sending parts and tire order requests to assigned stores while maintaining good inventory integrity practices.
- Utilize observation and role playing to conduct training.
- Focus on customer service needs, and perform all job related tasks with the highest degree of integrity and trust.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma preferred.
- Ability to read instructions, policies, procedures, bills of lading, and product descriptions.
- Ability to collect data or facts and draw valid and accurate conclusions.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions.
- Must be able to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commission, discounts and interest.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal skills.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Demands/Work Environment**
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. May be asked to lift over 50lbs.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- May drive a vehicle if needed.
- Lifting of heavy equipment >50lbs pounds is required.
Reporting: Store Manager of Parts
Potential Schedule: Days, Nights, Weekend, Holidays
Type of Store: Supercenter
Job Status: Full-time
Location Number: 00241
Location Name: PBY CO Broadway-00241