SMG Head Carpenter- DPAC in Denver, Colorado
This is a skilled labor position for the oversight and operation of the facility counter weight and fly rail systems as well as all staging systems and scenery equipment. This position is responsible to maintain safe industry practices and to complete tasks as directed by show/event and House management. During events, this position is a liaison position between the road crew and union crew and assists in providing venue information to show management, building management and crews to ensure successful events. This position is also required to operate high lifts, forklifts, and other equipment as requested. Additional responsibilities and tasks are assigned as directed by event request.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review event needs and determine equipment necessary to accommodate.
- Communicate with clients as required for both upcoming and current events.
- Supervise crews as needed during load in/out and shows.
- Learn and execute show cues as directed.
- Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to established safety policies and procedures.
- Document repairs completed and needed repairs for management review.
- Attend event and safety meetings as required.
- Assist with reviewing and verifying on-call time sheets and the accurate fulfillment of labor calls
- Assist in coordinating and supervising on-call stagehands
- Maintain all in house facility counter weight and fly rail systems.
- Maintain all staging systems and scenery equipment.
- Track daily duties, review event related emails and phone correspondence
- Participate in ongoing training, safety, cross training of facilities, other departments and other trainings as determined.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of safe theatre rigging practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of counter weight and fly rail system operation and maintenance.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in supervisory role in related field, required
- Minimum high school diploma, some college course work, preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with management, clients/customers, and staff
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner in stressful situations.
- Ability to work from drawings, specifications and oral requests to achieve desired service/product
- Basic computer knowledge (excel, word, outlook) skills needed.
- Professionalism and Customer service skills a must.
The Company recognizes the Local as the sole and exclusive bargaining agent for all employees of the Company who are classified as Stagehands, whether they are employed fulltime or intermittently, but excluding all other employees including guards and supervisors as defined in the national Labor Relations Act, as amended.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position may require certifications by law and/or job assignment. Position requires constant walking, climbing stairs, standing on cement floors, turning, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, pushing and pulling; heavy lifting, at times over 100lbs; is subject to adverse working conditions; dust, grime, noise, fumes, wet floors etc., including weather; may require use of an electric cart; may require tools and equipment operation that could cause personal harm or injury, if improperly handled; requires irregular and/or extended hours, including weekends, evening, and holidays, determined by event schedule and/or department need; requires radio usage -- 2 way hand held.
Closing Date: August 21, 2018
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled