HSS Inc Full-Time - Hood Specialist - Field Service Technician I - Denver, CO in Denver, Colorado
The goal of the Hood Specialist is to provide excellent customer support for HSS customers and their mission. This position completes repairs, service work, and preventative maintenance on customer's equipment in accordance with established regulatory requirements and HSS policies and procedures. This position often works independently with a high degree of autonomy utilizing excellent organizational and problem-solving skills to perform service and certification work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Wearing scrubs or clean suits certifies and repairs Biological Safety Cabinets, fume hoods, laminar flow hoods, glove boxes, laminar flow surgery suites, and clean rooms within governmental & regulatory requirements.
- Complies with client policies for entering surgery suites, labs, chemotherapy prep pharmacies, research areas, and clean rooms.
- Researches and prepares for hood service and repairs.
- Schedules and performs certifications and repairs and makes every effort to service clients in emergent situations.
- Operates & troubleshoots equipment used for certifications including thermoanemometers, balometers, light meters, sound level meters, particle counters, smoke tubes, and various electrical and ventilation testing equipment.
- Accurately documents and keeps detailed records of all work-related activities.
- Resolves client issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Makes some business purchases.
- Works and interacts with current and prospective clients, other employees, sales representatives, vendors, and medical personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- May assist with Industrial Hygiene work as needed.
- Stays abreast of changes in medical and laboratory equipment technology.
- Actively works to gain more knowledge and experience.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- NSF accreditation preferred but not required.
- CETA CNBT Certification preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 3 months of hands-on field experience to include: repair and maintenance work, troubleshooting, and independent customer support performed in a healthcare, manufacturing, HVAC, or construction setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred but not required.
- Previous experience with Photometers, Thermoanemometers, Light meters, and Micromanometers preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations pertaining to equipment, industry standards, codes, and procedures regarding safety and HIPAA.
- Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees as well as customers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform basic algebra, geometry.
- Proficiency with computers to include MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and ability to learn new software.
- Ability to work flexible mornings/days/evenings/weekends to accommodate client needs.
- Ability to perform duties with a high level of judgment, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Must have a valid driver's license and able to meet HSS driving requirements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this position, individuals may be required to stand and walk for extended periods of time working with various medical and repair equipment and wearing personal protective equipment in a hospital or medical environment. Will use a normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. The ability to lift 55lbs without assistance, work in confined spaces, and at heights or on ladders is required. May be required to push, pull, lift, or carry up to 80 lbs. or more. Individuals may often be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, electrical equipment, bodily fluids, pathogens, loud noise, fumes/odors, toxic or flammable chemicals, and materials, and other conditions commonly found in medical environments. The individual will often be required to physically climb, bend, crouch, squat, crawl, kneel, balance, reach, and twist to accomplish duties.
Our full-time positions offer role specific on-the-job training, career paths, and a full range of benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Reimbursement Plans
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays*
- 401k Plan & Free Retirement Planning Consulting
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Income Protection Benefits
- Life Insurance for Teammate and Family
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition & Reward Program
- Perks Discount Programs with 3,000 free classes from yoga to financial wellness.
- Wellness Program
- Pet Insurance
- Identify Theft Protection Plan
- RTD EcoPass available by location.
*The schedule of paid holidays may vary by location.
Compensation Range: $ 19.82 - $ 24.78
Compensation is determined by factors like training or experience, work history, geographic location, and travel requirements. The Company complies with all state and local wage and hour laws and the minimum pay range will always be at or above the applicable minimum wage.
HSS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected by law.
NSF Accreditation and CETA Certification prefferred but not required. Possibilitiy of Overtime but not guarunteed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled