HSS Inc Full-Time - Autoclave Chamber Cleaner - Field Service Engineer I - Denver, CO in Denver, Colorado
The goal of the Field Service Engineer I/ Autoclave Chamber Cleaner is to provide excellent customer support for HSS customers and their mission. This position completes repairs, service work, preventive maintenance, and Autoclave chamber cleaning on customer's medical equipment in accordance with established HSS policies and procedures. Works with a high degree of autonomy and provides a high level of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs service work and preventive maintenance of medical equipment and ensures completion of the percentage requested by customers.
- Repairs equipment as needed including failure assessment, parts orders, delivery back to customers, and keeping customers informed of status.
Resolves issues pertaining to the medical equipment and works with customers to ensure medical equipment and technology is working within specifications.
Accurately documents and keeps detailed records of all work-related activities.
- Performs scheduled inspections. Provides all other support as requested by the manager. Calls current customers to schedule chamber cleaning. Provides quotes at customer request for autoclave chamber cleaning. Other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Select and wear proper Personal Protective Equipment to complete the job. (Includes mask, gloves, coveralls...)
- Works with business development on growing chamber cleaning opportunities.
- Works and interacts with current and prospective clients, other employees, sales representatives, vendors, medical personnel, patients, guests, and visitors.
Provides customer support of non-PM and non-repair issues such as following up on customer questions, attending meetings, and research issues.
Stays abreast of changes in medical equipment technology.
- Actively works to gain more knowledge and experience.
- Overnight travel is required periodically - up to 90% travel.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree or equivalent military training in associated field preferred but not mandatory
- Fundamental experience with hand tools
- Fundamental knowledge of healthcare regulations pertaining to equipment, industry standards, codes, and procedures regarding safety and HIPAA preferred.
- Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with general supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees as well as customers both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency with computers to include MS Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn new software
- Ability to perform general arithmetic
- Ability to perform duties with a reasonable level of judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- Must have a valid driver's license and able to meet HSS driving requirements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this position, the individual may be required to:
Stand, walk, sit, work in confined spaces, and move in a repetitive motion for extended periods of time with various medical, repair equipment, and power tools.
- Wear personal protective equipment appropriate to complete the job in a health care or medical environment.
- The ability to lift 55lbs without assistance, work in confined spaces, and at heights or on ladders.
- Will use a normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking.
- Push, or pull up to 400 lbs. (may request assistance).
- Must be able to pass a Mask Fit Testing
- Individuals may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, electrical equipment, bodily fluids, pathogens, loud noise, fumes/odors, toxic or flammable chemicals, and materials, and other conditions commonly found in medical environments.
- The individual will often be required to physically climb, bend, crouch, squat, crawl, kneel, balance, reach, and twist to accomplish duties.
Our full-time positions offer role-specific on-the-job training, career paths, and a full range of benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Reimbursement Plans
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays*
- 401k Plan & Free Retirement Planning Consulting
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Income Protection Benefits
- Life Insurance for Teammate and Family
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition & Reward Program
- Perks Discount Programs with 3,000 free classes from yoga to financial wellness
- Wellness Program
- Pet Insurance
- Identify Theft Protection Plan
- RTD EcoPass available by location.
*The schedule of paid holidays may vary by location. Compensation Range: $19.82 - $24.78
Compensation is determined by factors like training or experience, work history, geographic location, and travel requirements. The Company complies with all state and local wage and hour laws and the minimum pay range will always be at or above the applicable minimum wage.
HSS job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
HSS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled