HSS Inc Field Service Engineer Lead in Denver, Colorado
The goal of the Lead Field Service Engineer is to work with the manager and provide excellent customer support to HSS customers and their mission. In addition to completing repairs, service work, and preventative maintenance on customer's medical equipment, this role also assists in some supervisory duties in accordance with established HSS policies and procedures. Works with a high degree of autonomy and provides a high level of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Works with manager to assist with supervision of other employees and provides input on assignment of work duties.
- Performs service work and preventive maintenance of medical equipment and ensures completion of the percentage requested by customers.
- Repairs equipment as needed including: failure assessment, parts orders, delivery back to customers, and keeping customers informed of status.
- Resolves issues pertaining to the medical equipment and works with customers to ensure medical equipment and technology is working within specifications.
- Accurately documents and keeps detailed records of all work related activities.
- Performs scheduled inspections
- Provides customer support of non-PM and non-repair issues such as following up on customer questions, attending meetings, and research issues.
- Provides all other support as requested by manager.
- Works and interacts with current and prospective clients, other employees, sales representatives, vendors, medical personnel, patients, guests, and visitors.
- Other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- May provide input on the performance evaluations of other employees.
- Stays abreast of changes in medical equipment technology.
- Associates degree in Biomedical Engineering or equivalent military training
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering Technology or Science preferred
- Certification from the Center for Bioscience Education and Technology (CBET) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on experience performing medical equipment repair and maintenance
- Previous experience with medical test equipment, defibrillators, ESU's, monitoring temperature, pressure, weights, safety analyzers, DMM's, and hand tools
- Previous experience operating electronic and specialized test equipment; troubleshooting equipment faults; and performing quality assurance testing on a variety of medical equipment
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations pertaining to equipment, industry standards, codes and procedures regarding safety and HIPAA.
- Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees as well as customers both verbally and in writing.
Proficiency with computers to include MS Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn new software
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic
- Ability to perform duties with a high level of judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this position, individual may be required to stand and walk for extended periods of time working with various medical and repair equipment and wearing personal protective equipment in a hospital or medical environment. Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. May be required to push, or pull up to 400 lbs. (may request assistance). Individual may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, electrical equipment, bodily fluids, pathogens, loud noise, fumes/odors, toxic or flammable chemicals and materials, and other conditions commonly found in medical environments. Individual will often be required to physically climb, bend, crouch, squat, crawl, kneel, balance, reach, and twist to accomplish duties.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled