Intermountain Electric Inc. BIM / VDC Lead - Electrical in Denver, Colorado
*IME is a 74-year-old company, a subsidiary of Quanta Services, a $12 billion-dollar, publicly traded organization. We've experienced outstanding growth over the past year and are looking for a talented individual to add to the team. We offer 100% fully paid benefits to employees, spouse and dependents, along with 160 hours of PTO, eight paid holidays, a floating holiday, heavily matched and fully vested 401k and more. Our BIM team offers an opportunity to be a part of exciting, large-scale projects. Apply today if you're seeking a great opportunity! *
IME is seeking a self-motivated and teamwork driven BIM / VDC Project Lead on projects with a variety of size and complexity. The Project Lead will assume a lead role in a team based work environment and give direction to others as needed. The Project Lead will partner with the project teams to manage the creation of 3D Revit models for BIM coordination and production of field
and fabrication drawings.
- Lead BIM construction projects
- Strive to solve problems by seeking out answers.
- Understand all aspects of a project and be the “go-to source” for all things related to the BIM Model and files.
- Take responsibility for the creation and accuracy of all aspects of the BIM Model and files.
- Have a working knowledge of construction and the installation of electrical content on a typical electrical project.
- Understand and follow company standards, while also contributing to the improvement of said standards.
- Have the ability to learn new programs and adapt to changes in existing programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend coordination meetings and operate as an active member of the IME BIM team.
- Communicate with other trades to fix clashes identified in coordination meetings.
- Comprehension of RFI’s and other changes during coordination meetings.
- Schedule and delegate/prioritize project tasks
- Monitor and perform to meet the coordination and construction schedule set out by the client and project team.
- Analyze and understand the scope of work and key modeling components.
- Perform modeling changes to fix coordination clashes.
- Manage, upload and download files to communicate with the construction and field teams.
- Manage the review, revision and issue of drawings for the field team.
- Layout tasks and maintain follow-up with project Detailers to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Review tasks completed by project Detailers.
- QA/QC of content prior to being issued to all members of the team.
- Attend and actively participate in all BIM / VDC Department and project meetings
- Utilize BIM to increase the team’s understanding of problems and solutions. Assist the project management and field teams in solving issues throughout the project(s).
- Attend external seminars, online courses, and maintain a working knowledge of industry trends, new software, and new field technologies.
- Sharing valuable information with other team members to increase department expertise.
- Understand and model electrical components in a typical commercial building.
- Strong Computer Skills including; Revit, Navisworks, CAD, Bluebeam and Microsoft Office Products
- Bachelor’s Degree related to; Architecture, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing or Construction or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience in; Architecture, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing or Construction.
Additional Skill Sets:
- Field experience in the Electrical Trade
- Basic experience in the following programs: Bluebeam, Trimble Software
The majority of the time you will work in a typical office environment, the remainder of the time you will be on construction job sites. When on construction job sites, you will encounter typical construction conditions including extreme temperatures, noise, dust, mud debris, welding, leading edge, trenching and shoring, sometimes in a confined space. You may be required to visit multiple locations during any one day.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Intermountain Electric, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IME complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
# of Openings: 1