Intermountain Electric Inc. Assistant Project Manager in Denver, Colorado
The Assistant Project Manager works for the Production and field teams: Project Managers, Site Superintendents and Field Staff to assist in the following: acts as a liaison with General Contractor, Engineering, Design and Manufacturing regarding cost, scheduling, and close-out documents for multiple projects. This position is also responsible for design participation, pre-construction, construction and testing coordination. Assistant Project Manager will also maintain constant and effective communications with team members, internal/external customer and vendors. The Assistant Project Manager will, also with the PMs and Field Engineers, manage projects, subcontracts, suppliers and inspectors to meet construction deadlines and client expectations.
Assist with estimating, project review, budgeting, scheduling, staffing, safety performance, manpower requirements, material procurement / management, tools and equipment, and pre-fab on construction projects. At all times, it is expected that the PM demonstrates an overall diverse technical knowledge of electrical construction, Work In Progress reports, risk management and overall financial performance.
- Estimating Projects
- Job costs price change requests, ASI’s, Addendums
- Job Turnover / Field Personnel Meetings –
- Customer Meetings / Interactions: Design intent / job walks / Work schedule determinations
- Internal Meetings, other miscellaneous office work (email, phone, etc)
- Billing, Major Material Buyouts, Budgeting
- Work with engineer for design; Project award, create Budget schedule of values, Project review; Project close-out
- WIP reports and job projections
Must be proficient in basic computer skills, estimating (Accubid), word processing, and spreadsheet software applications, specifically MS Word and MS Excel MS Project. Possessing the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, margin, area, etc. Must demonstrate an ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of intangibles in situations where only limited standardization exists. Must be capable of interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form; with the expectation that the incumbent would collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must possess leadership qualities, and understand how to effectively build teams and manage others. Strong communication skills; Familiar with local vendors and contractors
- 3-5 YEARS ELECTRICAL CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Knowledge of basic principles of scheduling, project management for construction
- Prior experience as Assistant Project Manager level or above, managing project budgets, design/build and other construction work activities
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- An undergraduate degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field is preferred.
A portion of the time you will work in a typical office environment, the remainder of the time you will be on construction job sites performing safety functions. During inspections you will encounter typical construction conditions including extreme temperatures, noise, dust, mud debris, welding, leading edge, trenching and shoring, sometimes in a confined space. You may be required to visit multiple locations during any one day.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Intermountain Electric, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IME complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
# of Openings: 1