POWDR Vehicle Maintenance Foreman in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Vehicle Maintenance Foreman
Job Status: Year Round Full Time
Coordinates the daily workflow of the Vehicle Maintenance Department, including the administration of all maintenance work. Communicate, and schedule work with both inside and outside departments. Ensure that staff has safe equipment available with minimized costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs PMI's and resulting repairs in accordance with Powdr Copper Mountain's Vehicle Maintenance guidelines and standards on fleet including trucks, vans, transportation equipment and snowcars. Assists with maintenance and monitoring of shop performance.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, repair, design, modify, and complete failure analysis on fleet vehicles including, but not limited to, trucks, vans and snowcats.
- Reads and interprets hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic system schematics.
Be knowledgeable proficient in these areas:
Troubleshooting and repair of electrical systems, hydrostatic drive systems, and hydraulic systems
- Troubleshooting and repair of light truck and van computer systems, i.e. emissions, airbags, antilock brakes, etc...
- Communicates effectively in order to train co-workers in all maintenance areas of operation.
- Operates all fleet vehicles in order to evaluate the results of previously performed maintenance.
- Accountable for accurate and precise recording of daily activities on work orders, indirect labor log, parts requisitions to be used on the evaluation and administration portion of the department operation.
- Consults manuals, trade publications, trade associations, vendors, fellow employees, outside schools and training programs in order to stay updated in new maintenance technologies to improve the efficiency and production of our operation.
- Accountable for the cleanliness of work area in order to provide a safe environment.
- Updates department of current scheduling, work and time of release of vehicles in order to provide minimum impact on departments.
- Works closely with Buyer to ensure proper inventory levels and that all technicians' parts are met.
- All other duties assigned
- Responsible for management in one or more of the following areas: A) tires. B) paint and body, C) welding, D) fuel inventory, E) lube supplies/hazardous material, F) general shop equipment, and G) hydraulics.
- Assist in the training of Powdr Copper Mountain personnel in the operation of equipment, to include vehicle check out procedures, equipment use and safety, to ensure a knowledgeable and safe staff.
- Performs minor welding/fabrication projects to include use of machine shop tools.
- Responsibility for Others: 16 people
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Powdr Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Powdr Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Responsible for 16 people
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Must have the ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Must have a valid US Driver's license
- Must have a Commercial Driver's License Class B with P2 endorsement.
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- High School Education or equivalent
- Five to ten years in the Vehicle Maintenance field or three to six years with a certificate of completion in an Automotive Diesel Technology school with a minimum of 1000 clock hours. Must include knowledge and expertise in the following areas: hydraulics, electrical, electrical over hydraulics, gas and diesel engine systems, computerized engine control systems, drive train, chassis, body repair, basic welding, fuel systems, air systems, and schematic drawings.
- Must possess the ability to operate all types of fleet equipment. Effective communication skills and basic computer skills. Must have bottom rollaway box and tools to perform major PMI's and repairs on fleet (excluding "specialty tools").
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks at once. Accurate verbal and written communication skills, understanding and ability to read and write the English language are required.
- Has consistent contact with fellow Vehicle Maintenance employees and occasional contact with other departments. Has occasional contact with outside vendors.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled