POWDR Transportation Supervisor in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Transportation Supervisor
Job Status: Year Round 11 Months
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation: Proposed hiring rate of $1,923.08 to $2,050.00+ biweekly amount, depending on experience
- Benefits: This position is eligible to enroll in company subsidized medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, HSA, life/disability options; season pass for employees/dependents and privileges at several other resorts. Several discount programs (i.e. food & beverage, retail/rental, tickets, etc.) also available.
Manages the day to day operation of the Transportation Department to include administration and scheduling of all transportation needs within the scope of available equipment and manpower in order to provide guests and employees with reliable, safe, and timely transportation services that align with Goals and Objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and oversee the Transportation Foreman, Transportation Maintenance Technicians (TMT), Drivers, and FLA volunteers to include the personnel functions of interviewing, hiring, performance feedback, coaching, development, daily supervision, training and disciplinary action.
Oversee training and testing program in the Transportation Department including the following;
Commercial Driver's License with P-2/Air brake endorsements; b) Transporting passengers with disabilities in accordance with the American's Disabilities Act; c) all DOT required vehicle operational protocols; and d) all CMI operational protocols in order to meet goals established by the company to comply with Federal and State regulations.
- Supervise and oversee TMTs to provide; timely vehicle checkouts, required DOT operator logs, clean vehicles, operational PA Stereo systems, chain installation repair, vehicle troubleshooting, fueling and fluid checks, vehicle status board updates and coordination with the Vehicle Maintenance Department on vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Supervise and train the Transportation Department drivers, staffers and TMT's in operational protocols that provide egress onto/off of the transportation system to include providing guests with current information on operating status and locations of Copper Mountain facilities, products and services.
- Administer, coordinate and schedule routes, departure times & arrival times of employee shuttles, village shuttles, and special guest pickups in order to achieve a timely, safe and cost effective transportation services which meet guest and employee expectations.
- Have knowledge of all routes and drive routes when necessary. Perform TMT duties when necessary such as small repairs, starting buses, washing buses
- Compile and appraise special group transportation requests and special event transportation requests in order to provide reliable, safe and timely transportation within the scope of available equipment and manpower.
- Monitor and record daily labor, indirect labor, safe driving hours, driver audit data and vehicle status for administration and evaluation of the Department operations.
- Coordinate acquisition of all goods & services needed to provide Transportation with dependable operations that align with Goals and Objectives.
- Assist in the preparation, evaluation and administration of proposals for improvements to general resort infrastructure and transportation projects and resources.
- Assist in the preparation, evaluation and administration of proposals to purchase new transportation equipment/improvements that provide Copper Mountain with efficient vehicles that meet guest and employee needs and current government regulations.
- Assist in accident investigation involving Copper Mountain vehicles to determine cause of accidents and follow-up requirements. Make recommendations to establish a safer environment for guests and employees that align with goals and objectives.
- Consult driver manuals, trade publications, trade associations, vendors, fellow employees, outside educational and training programs in order to stay updated in new transportation technologies and government regulations that improve efficiency and compliance of our operation.
- Assist in the administration and allocation of the Transportation business plan/budget.
- Maintain effective inter/intra-department communications and relations with all company departments to ensure good communication, cooperation and effective operations.
- Maintain on the job safety for self, fellow employees, visiting associates, guest and property owners.
- Assist in developing new programs and training documents to enhance the existing programs
- Assist in development and communication of short and long term department and individual goals to staff and oversee the implementation of strategies to accomplish objectives.
- Contribute to general good care of the mountain, village and corporate operations.
- Develop route schedules, administer the FMCSA drug program, scheduling drivers, ensure employee scheduling meets both financial goals and guest service goals. Maintain driver records to meet current federal and state guidelines. Maintain safety records to ensure current Copper, federal and state regulations are being met. Update and renew employee training manuals and SOP documents.
Guest Service Duties:
- Staffing general areas of the resort to help the transportation flow. Ensure daily operations meet the needs of our guests.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- All Leadership team members are expected to participate in the company's Front Line Assist program to assist in operations as needed, as well as to participate in Leadership events such as meetings, required trainings, and participating in employee dinners/events
- Provide leadership, motivation, planning, work assignment, establishment of schedules and deadlines, supervise, work review, hire and discipline, coach and develop subordinates and staff, safety of guest and employee while engaged with the Transportation Department.
- Number of employees supervised: 3 foreman, 3 transportation maintenance technicians, 40 drivers, other volunteers
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values -- Employee Experience, Guest Experience and Financial Success
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Works well independently
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds to shoulder level.
- Be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must have hand-eye coordination to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment.
- Will be occasionally required to stand, walk; use hands to handle, finger, feel or operate objects, tools and controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Will be occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear and smell.
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must have a valid US Driver's license
- This position may require the use of a motor vehicle and the employee is subject to comply with the Driver's Standards of Copper Mountain
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- High school education w/ 2 year Associate degree in Operations or equivalent on the job experience.
- 1 year transportation experience. 3 years supervisor/management experience.
- Ability to obtain a CDL Class B P/2 endorsement may be required.
- Ability to obtain a CDL instructors certificate within 90 days may be required.
- Basic knowledge of personal computer operations. Basic knowledge of fleet maintenance operations. Strong team player with excellent communications & leadership skills.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled