POWDR Terrain Park Groomer 3 in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Terrain Park Groomer Level 3
Job Status: Seasonal
The Terrain Park Groomer Level 3 will assist the Terrain Park Manager and Terrain Park Grooming Supervisor in the overall delivery of the Terrain Park focusing on snow-cat operations. Individual is responsible for helping with building and maintaining the terrain parks. Will assist supervisor and lead with all terrain park builds and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with all terrain park builds
- Help with design/build/maintain features within the Terrain Park and events
- Grooming of the entire terrain park
Advanced knowledge and/or proficient ability in operation of department vehicles and implements:
Snow cat and implements
- Winch cat
Accountable for providing the highest quality of grooming possible on mountain trails and terrain features as directed. Able to groom or lead on any trail with any implement, in any snow condition including:
- Snowmaking dozing
- Major slope repair
- Building & Shaping snowboard terrain features
- Half pipe construction and maintenance
- Lift and maze dozing projects
- Provide clear and positive communication and assistance with the Vehicle Maintenance Department for in-field troubleshooting, light repair and general maintenance of all department vehicles, implements and tools.
Possess a strong knowledge of Copper Mountain trail system including:
Recommended hauling routes and roads
- Building and lift locations
- Ski trail names, numbers and characteristics
- Egress and access routes
- Landing zones
- Back country access
- Sleigh routes
- Avalanche hazard areas
- Provide on the job training for Level I and Level II crew members.
- Provide input and support for new training ideas and updated grooming practices within the department.
- Perform accurate daily recordkeeping for all department personnel, grooming, lift dozing logs, machine write-ups and logs.
- Perform assigned duties as required to support other mountain departments.
- Strong knowledge of Snowmaking operations.
- Assist in set-up and clean-up of special events as requested.
- Able to work rotating shifts at night in adverse weather conditions.
- Apply Snow Science Theories.
- Accountable for safety and good housekeeping in work areas
- Maintain a good attitude and good attendance during scheduled work time.
- Assist with daily maintenance logs
- Fuel logs
Guest Service Duties:
- Provide exceptional guest service by creating a fun/innovative Terrain Park
- Stay current with industry trends and standards
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Will assist Terrain Park Grooming Supervisor with standards of finish product
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to work with hand and power tools
- Must be in good physical shape.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to work rotating night shifts.
- Must be able to work outside in adverse weather conditions on uneven terrain.
- Must have good night vision.
- Must have a valid US Driver's License.
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- 4 years cat operations experience required
- 2 years Terrain Park building experience required
- Must be able to groom the whole park start to finish
- Zaugg experience preferred
- Wench experience preferred
- Trail grooming experience required
- Snowmaking experience preferred
- Google Sketch-up experience preferred
- Welding experience preferred
- Half pipe experience preferred
- Must have strong skiing or snowboarding skills and have knowledge of freestyle skiing/riding
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled