Copper Mountain Resort Painter in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Painter
Job Status: Regular, 10 months
Start Date: ASAP
The Painter provides quality finish work common to the discipline in prepping and applying finishes to walls, ceilings and floors. This will include paint products and other wallcovering products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Application of various paint products on various surfaces
- Match paint and other finishes
- Scrape, sandpaper, prime, or seal surfaces prior to painting
- Clean walls to ensure proper adherence
- Cover surfaces with cloth or plastic to ensure protection
- Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs
- Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives
- Erect scaffolding, movable and immovable staging and various rigging to gain access to difficult areas; moves furniture and equipment as necessary
- Remove/replace fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, lamps, and electric switch covers prior to painting
- Apply several coats according to paint directions
- Remove paint splatters when finished
- Clean up all equipment, including brushes and spray guns
- Utilize spray guns for large jobs
- Work on ladders to reach high ceilings or walls
- Completing all relevant documentation such as work orders, purchase requisitions, etc.
Guest Service Duties:
- Work directly with department managers in a professional and timely manner.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid US Driver's License
- Ascending and descending ladders and scaffolding
- Bending, reaching, climbing
- Prolonged standing
- Eye/hand coordination
- Visual concentration on equipment
- Concentrated reading and writing
- Peripheral, color, and depth vision
- Extended periods of outdoor exposure
- Extreme cold
- Extreme heat and sun exposure
- Variation in temperature from hot to cold
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- High School diploma required or equivalent experience
- Three years trade experience in painting applications
- Three years' experience in wall, floor and ceiling prep including drywall installation and finishing.
- Computer literate in MS Office 2010 and other programs used in the field of janitorial services.
- Ability to communicate in writing and orally.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here - Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled