Copper Mountain Resort Lift Electrical Technician Level 3 in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Lift Electrical Technician Level 3
Job Status: CORE (Full-Time, Year-Round)
Start Date: ASAP
Maintenance & installation of lift electrical equipment to ensure safe and reliable uphill transportation. This is an experienced permanent position in the lift maintenance field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor, maintain and calibrate all assigned lift electrical equipment to ensure safe/reliable operation and compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Troubleshoot stalled lifts for safe and timely return to operation for minimum passenger impact.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of electrical parts and materials. Repair electrical equipment and parts.
- Become familiar with all lift electrical systems and equipment.
- Assist in electrical training of apprentice and mechanical staff.
- Perform diagnostic testing of electrical equipment for analysis and condition monitoring.
- Pursue knowledge of current technology through selected courses, literature, in-house experience, and departmental training sessions.
- Perform installation of new and upgraded electrical systems.
- Operate and maintain snowmobiles for safe, effective transportation needs.
- Accurately document all maintenance performed.
- Communicate professionally with department staff, manufacturers, suppliers, outside contractors and regulatory representatives.
- Perform all duties with personal, co-worker and guest safety as top priority.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Responsible for assisting Lift Maintenance Technicians in trouble shooting procedures and problems.
- Assist in training of Lift Operations staff.
Training of apprentice staff Personal Attributes:
Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid US Driver's License
- Be able to fluently read, write, and speak the English language
- Eyesight must be 20/20 or corrected to near 20/20 using corrective lenses.
- Hearing must be adequate without hearing aid. Hearing aid may be used to enhance hearing ability if hearing loss is at or above minimum requirement.
- Be able to work at heights in excess of 20 feet using safety harness and fall protection. Lifting of heavy equipment and parts (50 lbs.) may be expected during routine maintenance.
- Be prepared and able to stand in a relatively stationary position for extended periods (2 to 4 hours) to perform specific maintenance functions. Elevated work platforms that limit movement during standard maintenance may be part of the work environment.
- Be prepared and able to endure extended periods of equipment operation, i.e., snowmobiles and other off road vehicles. Adverse weather should be expected, and operating time may be 3 to 5 hours per work shift.
- Be prepared and able to work extended hours (10 + hours/day) in a safe manner and in all adverse working conditions.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- High School graduate or GED
- Two years' experience in electronics field OR Associate Degree or better in Electronics OR two years' experience in Lift Maintenance field
- Ability to read and interpret electrical prints.
- PLC familiarity, up to and including programming experience/comprehension.
- Willingness to work on wide variety of electrical systems, equipment and voltages; up to 25kV.
- Experience with basic hand tools, rigging, power tools and equipment.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here- Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled