POWDR Carpenter Apprentice in Copper Mountain, Colorado
Job Title: Carpenter Apprentice
Job Status: Year Round Full Time
To perform the corrective and preventative maintenance on the structural and cosmetic appearance of CMR buildings.
A full-time, year-round position - Days and hours will vary but will include week-ends and holidays. Must have journeyman carpenter skills or 3 years carpentry-related experience. Will perform the corrective and preventative maintenance on the structural and cosmetic appearance of CMR buildings. Knowledge of framing exterior and interior trim works. Able to read plans. Able to work well with others and to lead other employees. Some ladder work required. Must be able to lift and carry 75 lbs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform building maintenance on CMR buildings.
- This includes carpentry, woodworking, cabinet repair, ceiling and wall repair, floor repair, concrete work, grouting, complete construction projects.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Maintain inventory, order parts and materials (lumber, glass, formica, drywall, plywood, etc.).
- Schedule and coordinate building maintenance projects with department supervisor and dispatch office, and other CMR departments.
- Work on special events construction and coordinate same with other departments. Many times this means designing something from scratch.
- Maintain accurate bookkeeping records (parts billing, labor billing, inventory, time cards, and work orders).
- Bid jobs for other departments.
- Schedule and inspect work of other personnel in the carpentry department.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of POWDR-Copper, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Functions as an ambassador of Copper Mountain, modeling and sharing the Copper "culture" with our guests and employees. Upholds the most professional image. Continually strives to exceed our guest's expectations and create memories for our guests and staff.
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is able to handle and manage confidential information
- Professional appearance. Adheres to all grooming guidelines
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Is supportive of Core Values
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is comfortable to challenge established policies and procedures, but once established, is supportive of those rules.
- Is organized in tasks. Sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Is flexible with hours and days of work
- Is able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week
- Prioritizes and re-prioritizes personal time and work, to have good balance in life
- Must be able to lift and carry 75 pounds.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Due to the sensitive nature of this position, a criminal background check will be conducted after position is accepted. This background check will be done in accordance with standards enacted under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Must have a valid US Driver's license
Preferred Experience and Special Skills:
- High School and/or Trade School diploma.
- Minimum of 3 years in the field. (Construction and maintenance carpentry)
- Use of all types of power tools (saws, planer, drills, router, etc.). Knowledge of different types of woods, adhesives, floor and ceiling coverings, paint, fasteners, hand tools, and many more items.
Copper Mountain, LLC is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law, are not taken into account in any employment decision. We offer competitive benefits, employee housing, and a unique work atmosphere. All of our job opportunities are located at Copper Mountain Resort in Summit County, Colorado. 90 miles west of Denver, we are situated in the heart of Colorado's playground. All candidates must fill out an application to be considered for employment.
Can you see yourself here- Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled