City of Commerce City Outside Services in Commerce City, Colorado
Under the supervision of the First Assistant Professional and guidance of the Head Golf Professional the Outside Services staff member is responsible for assisting in the daily setup, preparation, cleaning and breakdown of the clubhouse and outside golf operations to include the practice facility, cart staging area, cart barn and surrounding grounds of the clubhouse. The Outside Service staff will provide basic customer service activities for all guests of the golf course and support all golf course related operations to include tournaments and daily play.
*The hiring range for this position is $12.32-$16.19 per hour. *
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Golf Cart staging, preparation and cleaning.
- Practice facility preparation, set up and breakdown to primarily include collecting and cleaning the used range balls.
- Maintaining the setup and cleanliness of the outside operations throughout the shift.
- Assist the golf operations with basic customer service activities.
- Assists with basic maintenance of golf cart fleet to include servicing tires, batteries, GPS systems, and other basic maintenance activities.
- Maintaining cleanliness of restroom facilities and general cleaning activities on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, weekends, midday, and evening shifts.
- Assist in the daily preparation of the golf course play and practice range operation
- Assists with enforcement all golf course policies
- Knows and follows all the cart barn and cart maintenance procedures accurately and consistently
- Conducts oneself professionally at all times in the work areas.
- Assists with greeting customers and assisting with bag drop or shuttle services.
- Assists in facilitating emergency action procedures for the clubhouse and golf course at times of severe weather or other times of emergency.
Demonstrates safe work habits with awareness of co-worker and public safety. Minimum Qualifications
High School/GED Diploma.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's license or ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Manages Golf Course and City owned tools, equipment, supplies, and resources for the best interest of citizens
- Must be highly motivated and take direction well
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Should possess a basic knowledge of golf and golf course etiquette.
- Understands and responds to customer needs.
Equipment Used, Work Environment and Physical Activities
- Driving: May drive a City or personal vehicle in the normal course of business
- Office equipment: Occasional use of copier, fax, scanner, printer
- Computer equipment: Occasional use of a computer; Microsoft Office applications
- Other equipment: Golf Carts, Range Picker, Range ball washer, air compressor, vacuum, first aid supplies, AED unit
- *Language skills: *Reads and interprets documents, instructions, and manuals; uses proper language, grammar and style
- Reasoning ability: Interprets instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format; solves basic customer service situations, responds appropriately and follows reporting procedures.
- Physical activities: May be bending, stooping, squatting, walking standing throughout shift and climb ladders
- Lifting: Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Vision and hearing: Ability to read a variety of documents and reports such as training materials and procedure documents; ability to deliver information in a clear and direct manner
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications. Employees are accountable for all duties associated with this position.
Salary: $12.32 - $16.19 Hourly
Location: Commerce City, CO
Job Type: Part-time
Department: Parks, Recreation, & Golf
Job Number: 2021-00033
Agency: City of Commerce City
Address: 7887 E. 60th Avenue Commerce City, Colorado, 80022