City of Commerce City Building Attendant - Custodian (Eagle Pointe Recreation Center) in Commerce City, Colorado
The Building Attendant performs a variety of custodial work to clean and maintain the general appearance and safety of City-wide recreation facilities.
The hours for this position are as follows: Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM and Monday - Thursday 12:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Cleans and sanitizes locker rooms and restrooms, including showers
Cleans and sanitizes weight room equipment, lobby, gymnasium, rental rooms, track, steam room (Eagle Pointe), kitchen, and fitness studios
Posts appropriate warnings/signs when persons should be notified of wet floors, wet paint, off-limits, etc.
Performs facility rental set-ups and tear down of equipment (tables and chairs) and special department sponsored events
Clean and sanitizes administrative offices
Performs numerous tasks and duties to maintain the floors: sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, cleaning, waxing and polishing, shampooing and vacuuming
Utilizes a variety of tools and equipment in the performance of the job including vacuums, auto scrubbers, carpet extractors, and buffers
Clean and sanitizes windows, walls, countertops, and light fixtures
Empties garbage and trash containers on a regular basis
Replaces light bulbs, ceiling tiles, plunging toilets and urinals, painting and minor building repair as needed
Replenishes and restocks supplies and/or materials daily
Contributes to the resolution of complaints and problems concerning patrons of the facility
Assists with last minute (unplanned) set-ups, as directed by supervisor
Interacts positively and productively with other building attendants, assisting with training as needed
Interacts positively and professionally with all employees within the Department
Fills out forms and reports correctly
Attends a variety of meetings including front desk and general staff meetings. Including but not limited to annual customer service and emergency service training
Works effectively with Recreation Supervisor – Facilities, Recreation Coordinator – Facilities, and Recreation Superintendent
Notifies supervisor of safety concerns immediately
Creates an inclusive environment by acknowledging different perspectives and ideas
Completes employee self-evaluation on an annual basis
All employees must model and demonstrate the City Values at all times during the course of employment, to include: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Respect and Excellence
Performs other duties as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum one-year custodial experience and/or light maintenance. Any combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must possess a valid driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Solid knowledge of building maintenance and cleaning practices and methods
Solid knowledge of the operation of various tools and equipment used to complete duties
Solid knowledge of chemicals used to perform cleaning duties including all necessary precautions and safety
Excellent customer service skills
Basic computer skills required to complete forms and paperwork and to use email
Ability to work independently while applying general organizational policies and values
Ability to follow oral and written instructions with minimal or no supervision
Ability to listen to all concerns and make proper adjustments
Ability to speak above noise with voice control and confidence
Adheres to all policies & procedures identified by the City & the Department
Equipment Used, Work Environment and Physical Activities
- *Driving: *May need, or have ability, to drive a city or personal vehicle in the normal course of business
- Office Equipment: Daily use of a computer, keyboard, copier, scanner, printer, calculator, phone (desk and cell). Daily use of software programs including, ActiveNet, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Other Equipment: Floorcare machines, vacuum cleaners, ladders, snow blowers, steam cleaners, other equipment generally used in custodial maintenance. Must be able to wear/use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- *Physical Activities: *Moderate physical activity that may include walking, sitting, standing, stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and carrying.
- Lifting: Ability to lift, carry, and exert up to 60 pounds
- Vision and Hearing: Must have visual acuity to see and read paper and electronic documents. Must be able to answer telephones, communicate conversation and respond to verbal inquires.
- Exposure to Environmental Conditions: Will be exposed to extreme heat, cold, dry, wet, odors, smoke, loud noises, vibrations, dust or intense light. May be exposed to chemicals including cleaners, solvents, paints and other potentially toxic agents. Work may be performed in precarious or tight spaces.
- Schedule: Position generally works a non-traditional work week. May require attendance at off-site meetings.
- *Safety Sensitive: *This position is subject to the city’s drug screening
- *Additional Working Conditions: *None
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications. Employees are accountable for all duties associated with this position.
Salary: $27,206.40 - $34,008.00 Annually
Location: Commerce City, CO
Job Type: Full-Time
Department: Parks, Recreation, & Golf
Job Number: 2020-00073
Agency: City of Commerce City
Address: 7887 E. 60th Avenue Commerce City, Colorado, 80022