Progressive Production Print Mail Specialist Associate in Colorado Springs, Colorado
2nd Shift Position 2:00pm - 10:30pm
Progressive Insurance prints and mails large volumes of written customer communications from our mail facility here in Colorado springs, CO. We do this through the use of advanced, fast and highly mechanized equipment and processes designed and staffed for that purpose. If you have an aptitude for machine interaction and a passion for quality work and a fast-paced production environment, then this may be the position for you. We’re looking for the right person to help us grow and change by learning our systems and becoming an expert equipment operator.
This position is for a new associate on oursecond shift which operates from 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM Monday through Friday, with opportunities for Holiday pay and Overtime as needed to produce the daily mail.
The Mail Print Production Specialist is responsible for performing routine tasks that support the printing, mail processing, and finishing services used to produce transactional and non-transactional Company mailings. Assists in the set-up of jobs on the equipment (e.g., printers, inserters, finishing) by preparing and/or transporting needed materials used in the processing of work assignments. Ensures quality and accuracy of all materials. Additional responsibilities:
• Loads paper, envelopes, mail inserts, and booklets on the equipment. Mixes inks, cuts paper stocks, adjusts roller pressures, changes sheet sizes, stocks weights. Performs machine cutting, folding, shrink wrapping, gluing, spiral binding, laminating and collating offset and photocopy projects.
• Loads and bands United States Postal Service mail trays for shipment. Includes applying appropriate tray tags to mailing trays and stacking the trays for delivery.
• Assists in manually processing mail that is out-sorted or damaged by the equipment.
• Assist in troubleshooting and resolving equipment issues.
• Assists in performing preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is in safe operating condition as needed.
• Verifies the proper mailing date, postage, weight, contracts, out-sorts, and print quality.
• Assists in documenting / completing paperwork to ensure compliance with service level agreements, project timelines, legal and postal requirements.
• Complies with established safety procedures, policies, and processes with the intent of maintaining a safe working environment.
• Assists with operating printing, processing and finishing equipment as needed.
• Additional hours may be required during peak/seasonal periods.
Must have qualifications
High School diploma or GED equivalent.
What else we look for
• Basic knowledge of operating a computer.
• Must be able to operate high speed production oriented equipment
• Basic problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignments simultaneously
• Listening, verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
• Ability to follow extensive quality measures
• Must be able to operate a pallet jack
Physical requirements/working conditions
• Must be able to move and/or lift 22 lb. mail trays at any given time, 60 lbs. at other times and move up to 1,200 pounds using a pallet jack.
• Requires long periods of standing (e.g., mailroom)
• May require prolonged repetitive use of the upper extremities
• Exposure to chemicals, equipment, noise and other work conditions typically found in a commercial facility is possible
• Required to frequently walk, sit, bend and kneel
• Required to use hands and fingers to operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms
• Required to climb, balance, stoop, crouch and crawl
• Vision abilities include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus
• Involves operating heavy machinery and equipment
You’ll also benefit from:
• Annual gainshare bonus of up to 16% of your salary; Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance
• 401k which includes dollar-for-dollar company match of up to 6%
• Dedication to work/life balance which includes flexible work arrangements and tools to support your lifestyle
• Commitment to technology innovation through initiatives like our Business Innovation Garage where professionals can test new ideas, technology and prototypes
• Dynamic company culture that encourages engagement, supports Employee Resource Groups, values your input and embraces a relaxed atmosphere
• Onsite gym and wellness programs with discounts & rewards
• Healthcare onsite and standard benefits (medical, dental, vision)
Equal Opportunity Employer*
/Sponsorship is not available for this position.//Progressive generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in Progressive’s determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate/
Job: *Creative Services
Title: Production Print Mail Specialist Associate
Location: Colorado-Colorado Springs
Requisition ID: 153872