Haynes Mechanical Systems Inc HVAC Commercial Service Tech - Colorado Springs in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Haynes Mechanical is looking for a HVAC Technician for preventative maintenance and repairs. This position requires the individual to troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and install commercial HVAC and related equipment as assigned.
- Universally EPA Certified
- 5 Years of Commercial HVAC Service Tech experience is preferred
- Mech 4 license
- Experience is preferred, Degree in HVAC required
- Must possess a valid drivers license and satisfactory driving record as required by the company's insurance provider.
- If less than 4 years experience, must be willing to enroll in the Haynes University Apprentice program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This job description gives an overview of the overall essential functions, competencies, skills, and abilities for the Service Technician role. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Able to respond to heavy workload of service calls in a professional manner.
- Communicates effectively with customers, regardless of their level of technical knowledge; can explain to customer the cause of their problem and the remedy; if problem has not been repaired, offers explanation of situation and recommended next steps.
- Able to follow and utilize troubleshooting guides to identify problems in a short period of time
- Consistently checks system operations and safety and limit controls before leaving job locations
- Ensures customers’ questions/concerns have been addressed before leaving the work site
- Uses proper tools and instruments while troubleshooting
- Incorporates solution techniques to assist other service representatives and helps resolve issues and customer problems
- Communicates tactfully to offer suggestions if system problems are caused by the customer
- Demonstrates ability to determine priorities based on a call schedule, responding to inadvertent interruptions, carrying proper tools and materials, and scheduling vehicle maintenance
- Promptly and accurately completes all required paperwork
- Keeps supervisor and manager informed of new developments, changes, or customer complaints
- Completes service reports daily; obtains customer signature on all service reports
- Signs up for memberships and technical organizations to improve knowledge and skills
- Keeps technical knowledge current regarding equipment and concepts
- Searches out and reads applicable manuals
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to lift 75 lbs from floor to waist with possible repetition
- Able to lift 50 lbs from shoulder to overhead
- Able to work with both arms above head for minimum of 5 minutes
- Able to carry 50 lbs for a distance of 25 feet
- Able to push or pull 125 for a distance of 500 feet
- Able to climb stairs and ladders
- Able to carry 30 lbs while climbing stairs or a ladder
- Able to grip and operate hand tools, powers tools and safety equipment, such as chain falls
- Able to lift legs and step over obstacles up to 19 inches above the ground
- Able to perform work while in varying physical positions, such as lying on side, in a kneeling position, while standing on a ladder
- Able to access rooftop units and work at heights and in some cases tight or enclosed spaces
Keyword: Service Technician
From: Haynes Mechanical Systems Inc