Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Facilities Maintenance Specialist II (664167) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Facilities Maintenance Specialist II
*What You’ll Do: *
- Day-to-day general maintenance activities and general maintenance projects.
- Carpentry responsibilities to include installation and repair of walls, doors, and ceilings, repair on exteriors of buildings, and fabrication of shipping containers.
- General maintenance activities to include mounting and hanging of furniture-related items, installation and repair on carpeting and flooring, repair of windows and storefronts, painting, and pest control.
- Plumbing responsibilities to include work on restroom fixtures, water lines, air lines, PVC piping, hot water heaters, and sump pumps.
- Provide a variety of grounds keeping services as required to maintain landscaping.
- Perform preventive maintenance work orders.
- Provide construction management and project management on maintenance projects involving exterior and interior work.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Maintain required documentation in accordance with Ball policies and government regulations
- Occasionally lift and carry 45 pounds and greater
*What You’ll Need: *
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience or a 2-year technical degree and 4 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A valid Colorado driver’s license and ability to operate company owned vehicle
- Knowledge of forklift operation desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Siemens controls desirable
- Knowledge and experience with crane inspections and repairs, roof replacement and repair, asphalt repair and overlay, concrete replacement, and emergency generators.
- Knowledge and experience with fire alarm, detection, and suppression systems.
- Ability to effectively schedule and monitor subcontractor activities and services. Review and process subcontractor invoices
- Work is performed in various buildings and locations depending on assignment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Position requires 24-hour on-call availability on a week at a time basis.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Specialist II (664167)
Job ID: 664167
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time