Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Electronic Technician I (663045) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
*Electrical Technician I *
What You'll Do:
- Work with tactical video products used in air, land, and sea applications
- Interact within a team environment assisting electrical design engineers in the development and test of electronic assemblies
- Read and understand schematics for electronic circuits
- Apply electronic assembly skills to be used in prototyping, PWA modifications and rework, and test equipment fabrication
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two-year technical degree or AAS Electronics Technology degree or equivalent preferred
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret security clearance.
- Well versed using lab equipment: Oscilloscope, DMM, power supplies, etc.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Mixed-signal experience
- Video experience
- Scripting languages: Python, Ruby, Pearl
- Programming languages: C, C++
- Field experience: installation, debug, and test
- Schematic capture and PCB tools: ORCAD, Allegro
- Machine tool experience: drill press, mill, lathe
- Understanding of Linux based operating systems
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Electronic Technician I (663045)
Job ID: 663045
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time