Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Receiving Inspector II-Procured Inspection (665428) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Receiving Inspector II – Procured Inspection
What You'll Do:
- Inspect incoming mechanical production material or articles for conformance to purchasing order requirements, engineering drawings, schematics, and specifications: process standards and specifications utilizing various mechanical inspection equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, thread gages, CMMs, Vision Systems, optical comparators, etc.
- Perform incoming inspection of product for procured mechanical or electrical components.
- Monitor for conformance to design or test specifications. Accept or reject material or articles; identify and document non-conformance and notify appropriate personnel of potential rejection of items.
- Refer unusual inspection problems.
- Establish accept/reject criteria and revision status from blueprints, MIL-specs, screening specs.
- Obtain and maintain all process certification required for assigned tasks.
- Troubleshoot inspection problems related to fixtures, software, drawings, paperwork, or process.
- Prepare and maintain inspection records.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 or more years of experience, or a 2-year degree and 2 or more years of experience is required.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Proficient working knowledge of mechanical and electrical component inspection. This includes interpretation of drawings, specifications, and industry standards that govern the component.
- Experience with interpreting and utilizing Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T;) for inspection purposes.
- Proficiency using Windows and common Microsoft Office applications.
- Ideal candidate will be able to work flexible shifts (1st and 2nd).
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- May also perform functions in various work centers.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Receiving Inspector II-Procured Inspection (665428)
Job ID: 665428
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time