Occidental Petroleum Mechanic (WES) in Aurora, Colorado
Title: Mechanic (WES) Location: United States-Colorado-Aurora Other Locations:
This position is located in the Rockies Region as a member of the Wattenberg Plant Operations team in Auroa, CO.
• Adhere to and enforce all applicable company, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations
• Overhaul natural gas compressors and engines
• Organize and maintain equipment records with preventative and predictive maintenance programs
• Monitor, maintain and operate safety and fire protection systems
• Troubleshoot and repair natural gas equipment, electronic panel, and air/fuel ratio controllers
• Repair, modify and maintain machinery
• Work closely with mechanics and representatives of equipment manufacturers
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
• Three years experience in oil and gas required, five years preferred
• Ability to work in a cooperative team environment
• Computer skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook is required
• Working knowledge of natural gas process equipment is required
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Grade and salary will be commensurate with relevant education and experience.
Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 – 10%.
This position is on a shift schedule and the candidate may be required to work overtime, weekends, on call, and holidays.
Candidate must live within 50 miles of Aurora, CO.