LPR Construction Journeyman Ironworker in Aurora, Colorado
Under supervision, the Journeyman Ironworker is responsible for completing tasks related to structural iron and steel erection and completing the tasks in a timely, quality manner.
- Bolt-up structural member following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
- Ability to weld 3G and 4G
- Rig structural-steel members to hoist cables, using chains, cables, or rope.
- Hoist steel beams, girders, and columns into place, using cranes, or signal hoisting equipment operators to lift and position structural-steel members.
- Detail Work: may include installing angle and bent plate, welding clips, joists, tube steel or angle kickers; installing safety cable and safety posts; or shaking out and spreading joists and long spans.
- Assembling: Plumbing of structural steel; installing deck; installing and welding steel stairs, handrail and guardrail.
- Field fabrication or assembly of metal parts such as steel frames, columns, beams, and girders, according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Dismantle and demolish structures and equipment.
- Insert sealing strips, wiring, insulating material, ladders, flanges, gauges, and valves, depending on types of structures being assembled.
Place blocks under reinforcing bars used to reinforce floors. Required Experience
Read and interpret basic blueprints
- Use all safety and personal protective equipment for the purpose intended. Use of safety harness and lanyard for proper tie off.
- Operate boom lift and scissor lift.
- Pull, push, or pry structural-steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place.
- Walk/stand on girders or other structural-steel members to position them or use rope to guide them into position.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools including: turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, and other tools.
- Proficiently use oxyacetylene torch.
Be part of LPR’s Team!
LPR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Tracking Code: 921-573
Job Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular