Daifuku Web Holding Company ELS - AMZ - Service Technician II (STII) in Aurora, Colorado
As a Service Technician II, you will use your skills to support the ELS Maintenance team in repairing and maintaining material handling equipment and pneumatic systems throughout the building. You will have the opportunity to install, maintain and repair automated packaging and distribution equipment.
- Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
- Complete preventative maintenance routines with proper documentation
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems related to all Material Handling Equipment (MHE) with includes belts, motors, photo-eyes, relays and more
- Track and store department inventory
- Perform additional duties/assignments that may be required by management from time to time
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with automated conveyor systems and controls
- 2+ years of experience in the repair of material handling equipment
- 2+ years of experience conducting predictive and preventative maintenance procedures
- 1+ years of metal and wood fabrication
- 1+ years of blueprint and electrical and electronic principles
- Procedure based maintenance experience (PM)
- Ability to use and interpret statistical equipment run metrics such as OEE/Up Time to prioritize accordingly
- Associates or higher degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- 2+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Experience with Material Handling Equipment (MHE) safety standards accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Safety standards
- Project Management experience
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Knowledge of computer networking systems and infrastructure
- Experience with robotic or electromechanical operation and maintenance
- Able to troubleshoot basic input and output functions. Low voltage signal tracing and troubleshooting of logical devices.
- Basic ability to use Linux command line interface
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Maintain a positive working relationship across all of the Amazon Operations facility
- Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodations
- Problem solving skills
- Customer focus and ability to balance customer needs with company procedures
- Organized and able to follow thru with commitments
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Basic computer knowledge, in working with Microsoft Windows to include: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Flexibility with work hours and days. (7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner. Must be highly self-motivated.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Must be committed to working safely while accomplishing all tasks and promoting a safe work environment at all times.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance)
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.)
Works in a warehouse that contains moving equipment and machinery.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate. By signing below, I acknowledge and affirm that I have read, understand and discussed any problems that I may have fulfilling the duties outlined in the above job description with the Manager of Human Resources.
# of Openings: 1
Shift: 1st Shift
Company Division: AMZ