Arapahoe County Chore Services Worker in Aurora, Colorado
The Chore Services Worker performs a variety of duties to assist senior citizens in their homes by providing heavy housecleaning, organizational clean up for moving, safety, and housing inspections, yard work, and snow shoveling.
- Standard working hours are 8am - 430pm (Monday to Friday)
- The anticipated hiring range for this position is $15.18 to $16.50 hourly
- This position is advertised as "continuous until filled" and may close at any time.
*This position has been re-opened. If you have previously applied, your application is on file and you do not need to apply again. Duties
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or marginal duties that may be required. The County reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of the job at any time.
- Performs a variety of heavy housecleaning duties for clients to include:
- Deep cleaning of bathroom, kitchen floors, stove, refrigerator, and vacuuming rugs.
- Clean up and removal of trash, organizing and packing for home inspections, or moves and unpacking following moves.
- Yard work such as raking and general clean up, and cleaning of closet and storage areas.
- Completes Chore Services report to include specific services rendered.
- Distributes satisfaction surveys and contribution information to clients as requested.
- Keeps log of time worked and mileage used.
- Attends staff and safety meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with the issues and problems related to senior and disabled citizens.
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures.
- Skill in the use of housekeeping materials and general outdoor work tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, fellow workers and serviced citizens.
- Service First
- Excellent Quality
- Responsive Government
- Visionary Thinking
- Caring Leadership
- Effective Communication
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Respect for Others
- Teamwork Requirements
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience working with senior and/or disabled citizens is preferred
ADDITIONAL PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment motor vehicle (MVR) check, background check, physical capabilities examination and drug screen.
- Possession of a valid Colorado Driver's License or the ability to obtain one within two weeks of appointment.
ADDITIONAL NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a personal vehicle available for work related transportation.
- Must have adequate motor vehicle insurance.
- Must have a phone available during working hours. Supplemental Information
- Work is characterized by the performance of simple tasks to accomplish goals.
SCOPE OF INTERPERSONAL CONTACTS:
- Considerable contact with senior citizens.
- Work is performed in the homes of serviced clients.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position.
- Stands or walks 90% of the time and remains seated 10% of time (generally while driving to and from clients or filling out reports) while performing service work.
- Frequently lifts, pushes, pulls, or carries up to 50 lbs. when moving vacuum, cleaning yards, assisting with packing and unpacking, and performing other duties.
- Constantly climbs, kneels, and handles objects while performing various services. For example, climbing stairs, kneeling to clean bathtubs, using a variety of cleaning tools.
- Constantly stoops, crouches and reaches while performing services.
- Frequently involved in interpersonal auditory and oral interaction with senior citizens and their families.
- Utilizes full scope of visual capacity in order to operate cleaning equipment and vehicle.
- Constant use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling performance of duties and operation of equipment.
- Physical capacity to safely operate an automobile.
Definitions: Occasionally: Activity exists less than 1/3 of the time. Frequently: Activity exists between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time. Constantly: Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time.
*Toll Free Applicant Technical Support: *If you experience technical difficulty with the NEOGOV system (i.e. uploading or attaching documents to your online application), call NEOGOV technical support at 855-524-5627. Helpful hints: if you are having difficulty uploading or attaching documents to your application, first, ensure your documents are PDF or Microsoft Word files, and second, close the document before you attempt uploading (attaching) it.
Salary: $15.18 - $18.98 Hourly
Location: CO 80120, CO
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Community Resources Department
Job Number: 04027
Agency: Arapahoe County
Address: 5334 S. Prince Street Littleton, Colorado, 80120
Phone: (303) 795-4482