Aspen Skiing Company Rental Technician in Aspen, Colorado
The Rental Technician provides guest services related to the proper selection, fitting, renting and selling of a variety of winter sports equipment and accessories. Assists in numerous functions related to maintaining efficient and high-quality shop operations.
Essential Job Functions
• Greet guests and maintain a friendly and helpful attitude when dealing with guest needs
• Provide fast, accurate and appropriate selection and fitting of a variety of winter sports equipment
• Act independently to assure efficient, clean and organized shop/facilities operations at all times
• Maintain a broad knowledge base adequate enough to answer all guest equipment-related queries as well as a variety of resort-wide information
• Acquire and retain detailed Rental and Retail product knowledge to best serve guests and to help achieve departmental sales goals
• Utilize great attention to detail in the completion of all tasks and in supporting daily shop operations
• Run Skis and Snowboards over waxing equipment when required
• Comply with required risk management and indemnification procedures
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous rental shop experience preferred
• Previous customer service experience preferred
• High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
• Written and speaking fluency in English required
• Bi-lingual language skills (Spanish, Portuguese, French or others) preferred
• Must pass ski manufacturers' binding certification (on-the-job training provided)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions.